Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AintLoveAcne

BP regimen

Hi acne.org'ers !

Starting my third regimen log. I'm 19. I've been suffering from acne for about four years now and had a a few logs on acne.org community. Finished 'em as they were more or less successful, but now things are going really bad.

Situation: My skin is at it's worst condition of all time. I don't know of what exactly type of acne I'm suffering now, but my pores are clogged, i have looooooooooooooooots of black heads. Those blackheads turn into small pustules and it sucks.

Prescriptions: After a long break of 7 months i visited the new derm. I was prescribed with a mixture (don't know how it's called in english, something between lotion-tioner) with some antibiotics I can't remember. I thought it was a joke when I came with a whole face covered in blackheads, clogged pores and pustules and got a recipe for a toner/ mixture... derm said i should give a try to it for three weeks. And now three weeks are gone.

Result: Things were going kinda good, but at the last days of the regimen i started getting new acne. Yesterday I couldn't control my hands and mind. I extracted and popped lots of blackheads, those clogged pores and zits. My skin was terrible.

Today I woke up, looked at the mirror and said to me that it's enough to be an acne slave. And now I'm starting a new stage of treating my acne. I feel that this time I'll fight until i win : ))

The main goal: To kill acne Using BP, moisturizer, jojoba oil, multivitamins and diet.

Routine:

Morning

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer

BP (Spirig Akne B5 produced in Switzerland)

Bioderma (french brand) oil free hydrating moisturizer for acne prone skin.

Drops of Jojoba if needed.

Jamieson multivitamins for men.

Evening- the same as morning

Diet: No pork, no junk and sweet food, lots of green tea with lemon, water, fruits and so on.

Wish you all good luck, we will win !

Edited by AintLoveAcne

I've been sick for free days now. Fever, quinsy etc. and my skin is getting very oily quickly. Routine is stopped for some time.

p.s. sorry if i make lots of grammar mistakes, english is not my mother tongue

Ok, today i feel much better, but still runny nose, quinsy etc. ...

Continuing using Benzoyl peroxide... but these days not applying any moisturizer, because skin gets oily very quickly after washing it.

I see a very very small progress, but still, my skin looks very bad.

Yesterday ordered some Jojoba and organic Amino Derm face cleanser from Aubrey Organics.

ok, day 4

Skin condition: red and burning. BP makes my post-acne marks look very red. But on the other hand acne is healing - old pimples are drying up, but still got some new ones. I feel dryness too.

I hope today I'll get my order - jojoba and cleanser... i need jojoba so much as my skin gets dryer and dryer everyday.

p.s. today goint to the drugstore for some castor oil, wanna try The oil cleansing method.

Progress photos on sunday.

day 5, morning

Yeah, finally i see some real progress : }

Today I woke up with a very dry skin. It's a little bit red after applying BP, but still better than before. Marks are very noticeable and red, but moisturiser helps a bit. A few new active pustules.

Din't get my jojoba and cleanser yesterday and don't have any hopes of getting 'em today or tomorrow because it's weekend...

All in all i really need jojoba to soften my skin, hope i'll get it on monday.

Progress pics of this week - tomorrow.

Edited by AintLoveAcne

Day 6, morning

HI !

Things are going pretty well : ) Despite I'm getting dryer and dryer everyday (jojoba will fix it) I'm getting clear step by step. Today i woke up with a very dry skin once again but good thing is that a few old pustules are gone. A few little whiteheads appeared but they are not noticeable...

So the most important job for me now is to buy Jojoba what I'm going to do on monday.

And photos of my progress. Week 1.

I was sick for a 5 days with tonsillitis, fever etc. so my hair and eyes looked terrible :D

post-140875-1291397350_thumb.jpg

post-140875-1290338640_thumb.jpg and i still have eye inflammation

post-140875-1290338640_thumb.jpg

post-140875-1291397350_thumb.jpg

Edited by AintLoveAcne

day 7

Oh, finally, I've got my Jojoba. Wow, it's perfect ! Consistency and everything is very acceptable for me. I hope it'll help me to reduce dryness.

And I'm still fighting with tonsillitis... my ears are blocked, nose runny, sore throat ...

Also this week I'm going to try a new Paul Penders face cleanser with tea tree oil and alpinia (whatever it is :D)

Today i have no new actives on my face, skin is not too dry... i'm really happy today with my skin. Hope things will get better and better everyday.

Edited by AintLoveAcne

day 8

Woohoo. My skin is not as dry as days before. As i said yesterday, i've already got my jojoba oil. I liked it so much. After yesterdays shaving i have one new small pustule on my jaw line. BTW, thing for shaving I use: Nivea shaving cream for sensitive skin and Gillete 2 blade razors. After shaving I normally apply BP and moisturiser/ Jojoba oil.

I still have some small pustules on one of my cheeks, but they are drying up and i hope they'll just disappear soon. Post- acne marks are really noticeable... and it's the most difficult challenge to get rid of them. Moisturising, applying Jojoba...

day 9

Stress. Very stressful day at the university. And as always stress leads me to the skin redness ... sometime ago i was said by the derm to have some seborrheic dermatitis symptoms ... so when i get stressed i always become red... and after my lectures i was stilling feeling my burning face, but when i got home i was a bit suprised when looked at the mirror. Skin wasn't as red as it was supposed to be.

Ok despite the red skin, thing going slightly good : )

I'm still applying BP and just moisturising my skin with Bioderma moisturiser in the morning and applying Jojoba oil in the evening. I like Jojoba so much, and yeah i know i've already mentioned that :D

Old pimples are still drying up and some of them have already gone. And fortunately no new actives, but i still feel some kind of dryness around the mouth. Going to apply more of Jojoba.

P.S.

I don't have any time to get some food during the day. My eating habits are more than horrible. And just because of that i can't take vitamins regularly and in the morning so i'm taking 'em in the evening.

I'm taking:

Multivitamins

Vitamin C

Zinc (15mg) (multivitamins include 5mg of Zinc)

Hi Aint~

I wish you luck with the new regime! My acne is very similar to yours...only my face is more red and my pores are more noticable :'(

I just wanna say you're really attractive with or without acne!

Good luck and don't lose hope....we will find a solution one day!!!

Hi Aint~

I wish you luck with the new regime! My acne is very similar to yours...only my face is more red and my pores are more noticable :'(

I just wanna say you're really attractive with or without acne!

Good luck and don't lose hope....we will find a solution one day!!!

Hi NanaLove :}

You know, in the reality my skin looks a bit different, because some of the photos i uploaded are made with a webcam... so light, quality of the webcam and many other factors make my skin look a bit better. My pores are not noticeable at all, but they are clogged and i don't know why. I have lots of blackheads...closed comedones. BP seems to be helping :} And as i wrote yesterday - redness is my problem too.

I really wish you good luck and thanks for the post : )

Day 10, morning.

Amh... no really important changes... i'm having some problems with my forehead. All those closed comedones are really nasty and i cant stop picking them. Despite that, i have one new pustule on my right cheek and another one near the mouth.

Edited by AintLoveAcne

Oh AintLoveAcne...i forgot to ask you, have you tried glycolic peels? I had lots of comedones and they completely went away with the peels.

Oh AintLoveAcne...i forgot to ask you, have you tried glycolic peels? I had lots of comedones and they completely went away with the peels.

No, i have not... i'm going to try The oil cleansing method next week after i get the castor oil... btw, can i have a glycolic peel if i still have lots of pustules ?

No, i have not... i'm going to try The oil cleansing method next week after i get the castor oil... btw, can i have a glycolic peel if i still have lots of pustules ?

Yeah of course. I have a few pustules and i got it. It dries them out a bit which is good. I tried to oil cleansing method...i can tell it cleans because tiny lumps come out of my skin, but i felt it was breaking me out (cysts) so i stopped.

Yeah of course. I have a few pustules and i got it. It dries them out a bit which is good. I tried to oil cleansing method...i can tell it cleans because tiny lumps come out of my skin, but i felt it was breaking me out (cysts) so i stopped.

Great... i'll do some research about the glycolic peels in my country. Thanks for the replies :}

Day 11

Hmzzz. It becomes more and more difficult everyday to write something here. I think it's because there're no radical changes on my face :D

The good new is that i don't feel dryness of my skin today. It's not to red and despite the coldness outside (we've got some snow yay) it looks ok. I woke up with one new pustule on my jaw line and one new small pimple on my forehead, but others are disappearing :}

And one more time I LOVE JOJOBA. It makes my skin so smooth and helps to get rid of the dryness. Still using it in the evenings instead of moisturiser.

But still.... lots of blackheads on my face.

Day 13

Hi :}

That was a short break of 2 days because it was a weeeekeeeeeeend !!! Parties, friends etc. :} And i've not posted anything on here but now is day 13, Sunday and I'm still on the regimen :}

So firstly I'd like to say that Jojoba helped me with dryness and flakiness a lot. Secondly- i'm still breaking out with those small pustules which are coming out of the clogged pores. But fortunately all those pustules go away from my face approximately in a period of 2-3 days. Also after i started using Jojoba I broke out with a few pustules here and there but i want to believe that was just a coincidence...

Today, in the morning i tried a new method of applying BP. I washed my face, moisturised with Jojoba and only then applied BP. I've red that this method have helped a lot for some people who had and excessive dryness and flakiness. I don't have excessive dryness, but still feel the lack of sebum in my skin. And after BP i haven't moisturised. Is it ok ? My skin feel very good even without the moisturiser, only with Jojoba and BP on.

So concretely about acne- today i have something like ... 10 new small pustules on my jaw line and around my temples. But they are not too inflamed and look like to be gone soon.

My face cleanser is coming to the end, so no i think I'll buy Eucerin purifyer which i have already tried. It's nice. Also i'm going to buy and include into my regimen AHA lotion.

Photos of week 2 in the evening.

Time for photos :}

Week 2

This photo was taken this evening. I had a big pustule around my mouth and next to it one smaller. Popped them because i can't go outside with a pus-filled pimple around my mouth. It's too noticeable. And also i have a few new pustules on my temples which are not noticeable in this photo.

Furthermore, in the evening after washing my face I applied Jojoba and only then BP, the same as in the morning. I love this method !!! My skin is not as dry as it was before and the texture is really nice.

post-140875-1291397453_thumb.jpg

Oh, and i've already used too much space available for photos uploading so i can't upload anymore. I'm going to delete some of week 1 and resize to the minimum in the future.

post-140875-1291397453_thumb.jpg

Edited by AintLoveAcne

Day 14

Morning:

Washing my face

Jojoba oil

Benzoyl peroxide

Bioderma Hydra moisturiser

Evening:

Shower

Washing my face

Shaving

Jojoba

Benzoyl peroxide

AHA Lotion 15 from Neostrata.

And so... after the morning regimen my skin looked really good and i was satisfied with it. I don't have too much new white heads/ pustules, but as i said, i have lots of closed comedones, and some of them are coming to the head, but they don't look horrible. I'd say everything is under control.

The evening regimen is a bit new. I included AHA lotion (very strong, it's 15) into my regimen. I feel a bit of stinging because i shaved and after that applied jojoba, Benzoyl peroxide and finally AHA. It made my skin a bit red, but that's ok. I haven't used AHA for a long time, so i my skin now need some time to adapt.

3 hours after the application of AHA... some of my pimples are very itchy now... it doesn't feel good. I'm feeling like those pimples are getting bigger and inflamed. I hope tomorrow in the morning they won't look bad and very noticeable.

Morning after AHA:

Those pimples which were itchy and stinging yesterday, today are inflamed and red. Fockit. MY skin is very red today. No more AHA 15. I'll buy a weaker one.

DAY 15

Ok, my skin is red, pustules on jaw line are inflamed, hate AHA, hate -10 degress of celsiuis in my country.

One small new pustule around mouth, others are drying up. No more aha 15.

No more news.

DAY 16

BREAKOUT. Iflamed pustules on jaw line look terrible. Like one big red mark. New pustules here and there. I hate my clogged pores, all that shit is coming out of them, don't know how to get rid of those comedones.

Evening edit:

Terrible breakout. Wtf, i haven't had any new bigger spot after i started the regimen and now bam, inflamed painful pustules, new red pimples.... i look terrible. And as always every new breakout brings the headache... what could have caused breakout this time ? I'm thinking if jojoba-before BP method could do that or maybe strong multivitamins ... oh, whatever... i'm thinking about the visit to the dermatologist. And would like to hear something about my clogged pores, those closed comedones. Noone can even imagine how my clogged pores look like. Like every pore has a blackhead for it self. Blackhead farm.

post-140875-1291244874_thumb.jpg

post-140875-1291244874_thumb.jpg

Edited by AintLoveAcne