Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madelineee

Ziana log !

Okay so I know I should've started a log earlier because now it is about my second week on Ziana.

I started Oct 29 doing every other day until Nov 3 when I started every night consistently.

I'm gonna start from Nov 3 and say this is my 12th day on my regimen.

Regimen:

17, female.

Morning: wash face with cetaphil, NO face makeup,

Night: wash face with cetaphil, wait about 30 min, apply pea sized amount of ziana

Day 12

So I think I'm going through an initial breakout phrase right about now. It's not terrible but new pimples are definitely coming up, and the older ones are taking a while to heal.

Couple things Ive noticed on this gel:

-It makes my skin EXTREMELY smooth, i love it !

-When it purges the skin I seem to get a lot of whiteheads, something I never really used to get on my cheeks.

-It's not very irritating, so far at least. My skin can be a little red sometimes, but it is not very drying and I feel like during the day it provides my face with just the right amount of oil so I'm not dry.

Skin Progress:

Forehead: breaking out more than usual, small little whiteheads

Nose: also breaking out more than usual, small little red pimples and whiteheads

Chin: for the most part clear, a pimple here and there, (was never a problem area)

Cheeks(I get acne here badly, most on my inner cheeks though. It hasn't spread to my jawline or hairline as much, *knock on wood*): anyways, lots of whiteheads popping up, trying so bad not to pop, overall appearance seems nicer (scars and such)

Sorry for the long post guys. Please feel free to ask questions!

Day 13

I really hope this is the initial breakout because my skin looks terrible. There are a lot of pimples in spots that I normally don't get many. Skin is still pretty smooth. SO hard to not lose motivation.

Does anyone think this is the IB? I really hope so!

start using a moisturizer. if you arent use to one or dont like it, at least start using one only at night. it will help. i am on ziana myself and i use a pea sized amount of ziana which i rub together using the palm of my hands then use a full pump of dan's moisturizer and rub again. then i gently spread the mixture over my face until its even. i usually use another pump of just the moisturizer after putting on the mix. i experience a little purging but within a week it stopped. it may be different for you. also, for me, cetaphil was not a good choice for face wash or moisturizer. i dont know why but i broke out a lot from using it.

i don't seem to need a moisturizer on ziana, im not dry at all really. my skin is rather oily.

you found that cetaphil cleanser broke you out? it's so gentle though...