Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ivmi

red marks!!!!!!

Is it normal to still have very prominent red marks almost 4 months post accutane? my skin is not dry - in fact it is very oily for 2-3 months, but my skin is thin and very slow healing...is it normal or I should start to worry?when did yours red marks started to diminish, and did for anyone skin regain its thickness?? i can see most of my veins...and that is very scary...

i took accutane for only 9 days...

I'll be 5 months post next week and the red/pink marks are still here.

Seems like the general opinion is that traces of the drug stay in your system for 6-12 months. So I'm going to give it until the end of December or so and if I haven't seen a significant difference in the marks by then, I'm going to contact my derm again and see if he can give me something.

do you have any other issue than red marks? is there anyone else with this problem 4 and plus months? is this normal? will this be a permanent side effect?

Do you mean redmarks or facial flushing? Redmarks isnt really a side effect of accutane, accutane can make them heal slower but it isnt the cause or anything. Some people like me are just prone to redmarks, even before taking accutane, alot of redmarks can last for 1yr +

i mean red marks...that are left after acne...i was never prone to red marks before accutane...so that means that accutane is making them to last waaaay much longer...i have them for almost 4 months now...normally they would fade in few days to week