Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok im new here and I would just like to say acne makes your skin looks dry and ulgy and I know how some ppl will say acne slightly takes away from your looks... I seriosly think If you have acne it can take away from your looks alot because most people get close to you they notice black heads face acne neck acne and idk about this but pretty sure you can have it on almost every part of your body.

I'm 17 I dropped out of school because i'm scared of what ppl would think of me even tho I had no problem making friends and never been called ulgy it still hurts to look in the mirror and see the skin like this dry with acne on.. sometimes it gets worst sometimes it gets better I drink alot of water think it helps some. I'm almost sure im not ulgy not sounding like I think to much of myself.... anyways Ever have the feeling like you cant look into the mirror or go outside because your scared of what ppl will think of you like your living this dark and lonely life and no 1 cares about you?

Thats how I feel im a guy and as sad as this is to admit I spent like 30 mins talking to my dad about how much I think im a loser he said im not a loser just helpout around the house some and get a job and help pay some rent. And something about gf etc I was a dick and said looks do matter some cus if you cant get past the face you cant get past anything eles about them. He said "I hope your not talking about yourself because I looked just like you when I was your age and I had no problem getting women"

Dont get me wrong im a nice guy I never hurt people feelings I dont walk around calling people ulgy... When people stare at me tho are they staring at me or my acne?

I have some acne on my face like 2 on my neck some on arm.

Ive been reading post and it makes me mad how ppl can be so mean to ppl just because they have acne because you really cant help it. I think washing your face to much in 1 day can get you acne.

Anyways point is I think im ulgy because I have acne the person I see in the mirror may or may not be the person other ppl see when they look at me. I realise that if a girl calls me ulgy or something shes not good enough for me and I should go find someone better.

I dont cut myself because if I did I ptobably wouldnt stop till I was dead thats how I feel. I got picked on in grade 7 and 8 and when I was going to beat the F out of him the teacher said if I did I wouldnt pass. Teachers dont care about anyone they just look out for thereselves once I got to high school was good then grade 10 came and I started missing school slowly first started classes then days.... all because I looked in the mirror and saw acne and how bad it affected me and I didnt want anyone to see me like this. I was scared and im hopeless.

Thats why the title is called life sucks. Also I know my grammar sucks. Pce

Honestly, I think your issues are deeper than acne. You say you have no problems making friends and you've not been called ugly, so why drop out of school? Do you have any plans to graduate or at least get a GED? That's important to further yourself in order to learn a trade to make it in this world. I hope you'll overcome your fear whether it's acne related or not. :comfort:

i know how you feel man, i dropped out of college after laser resurfacing destroyed my skin. Things were actually going good for me too, finally had friends to hang out with and grades were top notch. But it seems like acne is your only problem, hopefully with time you can learn to get pass this. As for me, i have to deal with scars, premature aging, thin skin, and seborrheic dermatitis. i wish you the best of luck in your battle.

Edited by Dissonance

Guest Chrisâ„¢

"why drop out of school? Do you have any plans to graduate or at least get a GED? That's important to further yourself in order to learn a trade to make it in this world. I hope you'll overcome your fear whether it's acne related or not." -- Quote from Siava

Damn, if only I had a nickel for everytime I heard that when I was growing up. I always thought people who told me that were wrong and ignorant or narrowminded. I didn't listen to them. Know where it eventually led me though? A shitty 14 hour a day, 6 day a week dead end job lifting heavy shit all day long. Wish I would have followed this advice a long time ago. I dropped out of school also when I was younger because of severe cystic acne. If I could go back, I would in a second even if every single person in school hated me all throughout highschool.

but, nobody will listen to me either, just like I didn't listen to anyone when I was younger, the cycle continues, carry on lol

and trust me my acne was worse than any of you guys'. how can I say that? well, ask for a pic if you want and you'll see for yourself what it did to me.

Edited by Chrisâ„¢