Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

how long do scars take to appear?

Guest Timehealsall

So i was wondering how long it takes a pimple to leave a scar? I noticed today that one of my PIH, turned into an indented scar, almost 5 weeks after the pimple had died down. I am not sure if the scar was caused by other factors, but thats what happened. I also started to use benzoyl peroxide heavily 10 weeks ago (Acne.org regimen), so maybe that can be the culprit?

Anyways, the original question is, how long does it take for a pimple, that turns into a pih, to turn into an indented scar.

they can take around 4 to 8 weeks ,and dont use benzoyl peroxide alot if you have some allergy to it as it would just make it worse although in my case BP used to prevent scarring by stagnating the growth of an acne and increasing the exfoliation while in the later years when i have been dealing with allergies it has caused scars as the exfoliated part would hardly come back, so its a double edged sword , be vigilant and look out closely if any scar that you have is due to the over exfoliation or just an acne scar.

Guest Timehealsall

How would I know if the scar was from bp or acne? also the only side effect I have from bp is massive flaking and dead skin. I am using v the acne org regimen which requires use of 2.5 % bp (a lot of it). What type of scars did bp give you? Did the bp peel down to raw skin?