Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

regimen users who scar easily

Guest Timehealsall

I was wondering if there are any regimen users that scar pretty easily?

I scar very easily. I am African American and even if I dont pick at my cystic zits, they all leave a black discoloration on my face. I have been told its a hyperpigmentation/melanin issue.

Guest Timehealsall

err,, i mean indented scars, not superficial pigmentation... but yea, i get massive PIH as well!

Edited by Timehealsall

I scar. I used Dan's regimen, and stayed clear for about 3 years. I don't use the regimen anymore since my birth control keeps me clear, but I still use Dan's cleanser and moisturizer. My grandfather also had severe acne scarring, so I believe it was just my bad genetic luck.

Yep. I never usually have many active pimples on my face, but they stay very long and cause red spot scarring and ice pick scars. The ice pick scarring is not as bad as some people's (in between mild to moderate) but it has been about 3 years in the making. The scars I have are all along my cheeks.

Guest Timehealsall

how long do your zits usually stay/last?

its weird, i have looked at my whole family line, and no one has scars (my mom has VERY MILD SCARRING, and her zits were as bad as mine, which is moderate).

Fuck i hate scarring.

its weird, i have looked at my whole family line, and no one has scars (my mom has VERY MILD SCARRING, and her zits were as bad as mine, which is moderate).

Fuck i hate scarring.

How long have you had acne?

Slight scarring, like a couple ice pick scars and indents is NOTHING, infact, no ones skin is ever really FLAWLESS, except for like, a handful of people.

I have a fair amount of ice pick scars, and they don't bother me at all, because most of the people i've seen/all of my family have at least SOME flaws in their skin, and most people wouldn't even notice them, because they aren't looking, except for us of course.

Don't worry about it, some scars even get better over time.

Guest Timehealsall

Fuck i hate scarring.

Slight scarring, like a couple ice pick scars and indents is NOTHING, infact, no ones skin is ever really FLAWLESS, except for like, a handful of people.

I have a fair amount of ice pick scars, and they don't bother me at all, because most of the people i've seen/all of my family have at least SOME flaws in their skin, and most people wouldn't even notice them, because they aren't looking, except for us of course.

ive had acne for 5 years? I was counting my scars the other day, i have about 4-5 icepicks on left cheek, some scarred pores, and some boxcars. On right cheek, i have this weird 1 inch vertical "indent" next to my nose that magically appeared. I also have scarred pores and boxcars near my temples. I have like 5 small icepicks on my temples that i literally have no idea how they got there...

3-4 scars on my forehead. I dont know these scars individually dont look bad, but when spread out, give me skin this weird ROUGH look

Fuck i hate scarring.

ive had acne for 5 years? I was counting my scars the other day, i have about 4-5 icepicks on left cheek, some scarred pores, and some boxcars. On right cheek, i have this weird 1 inch vertical "indent" next to my nose that magically appeared. I also have scarred pores and boxcars near my temples. I have like 5 small icepicks on my temples that i literally have no idea how they got there...

3-4 scars on my forehead. I dont know these scars individually dont look bad, but when spread out, give me skin this weird ROUGH look

you're a guy, most girls prefer guys to have a -roughed- up look.

Hell, if they bother you that much you could look into scar treatments once you're clear.

Guest Timehealsall

i know what you mean about that "roughed" up look appearance. But i think that only applies to guys with dry/normal skin. My skin is oilier than jojoba oil, so it looks kinda weird. haha

i know what you mean about that "roughed" up look appearance. But i think that only applies to guys with dry/normal skin. My skin is oilier than jojoba oil, so it looks kinda weird. haha

i see people with oily skin all the time, and it doesn't even look bad, and you can always just blot it off every couple of hours.

Hell, i was oily before i started the regimen, and now my skins normal/dry.