Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sthinks

What in the world is happening?

Hi everybody, I'm just a few days away from finishing my first month on The Regimen. I had a few quick questions.

I'm currently breaking out. Badly. I have large inflamed papules (I think?) or possible nodules/cysts on my cheeks, one on my forehead and I don't usually break out there. All of a sudden, they just came out of nowhere. All in the past week and a half. Some of them have turned into pustules. Question one: can I pop these? I've been avoiding popping them, but whenever I sleep, I find that one of them, if not a couple, have popped overnight probably because of my tossing and turning.

Secondly, I'm experiencing extremely flaky skin from the BP and coming from someone with oily skin, I'd say that's pretty bad. However, I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of even trying jojoba oil because even though it's claimed to be non comedogenic, I've had enough bad experiences to know that I should stay away from anything that has the word "oil" in it. I tried Emu oil once.. biggest mistake of my life. I know Dan's moisturizer has jojoba oil in it and I do use it 2x/day so maybe that's the culprit for my breakout?

I don't know guys.. I know you all have heard this more than enough times but I'm really feeling down about this. I'm gonna keep going and hope that The Regimen does work because I'm at my wit's end trying to find a cure for my stupid skin. I'm hating this flaky, leathery skin at the moment, but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Last question... am I to stay on The Regimen for life?! I hate the thought of having to rely on BP until I'm 30 lol.

I doubt jojoba will make things worse. honestly, bp makes yer skin purge and look like

shit for the first good (and possibly long) while. it's easy to blame any and everything you do for breakouts but chances are, it might be irrelevant. I'd say go ahead and use the oil if you need to. *shrugs*

i really doubt you'll have acne into your thirties, i mean, unless your parents or grandparents still have it, chances are it'll go away EVENTUALLY.

and you should give jojoba oil a shot, also, if you've been using the moisturizer since the begining, i really really doubt its causing the breakout, it wouldn't take a month to suddenly break you out, maybe a week or two, but not a month.

if you've had any experience with EVOO, you could try that if you don't want to try jojoba, but EVOO breaks more people out than jojoba, or so i've heard.

Good luck!

Also, don't expect to be completely clear until about month 3 or so, otherwise you're just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

I know it's hard to be patient, but try to give it some more time. It takes more than one month to see if the Regimen will work for you.

If you are still having dryness you can try adding extra jojoba oil to the moisturizer. It will not cause you to break out. Are you using two pumps of moisturizer in the morning and at night? I don't think the moisturizer is breaking you out, but if you don't like it, you could try one of the other recommended products on Dan's list.

Also, I don't want to depress you, but keep in mind that the Regimen is only an acne treatment and not a cure. You will have to stay on the Regimen until your acne goes away for good on its own. Some people do get acne well into adulthood. I'm 29, and I still have it. So yeah, I'll probably be using BP until at least 30, and likely beyond. But as long as I get clear and stay clear, I'll be happy.

Hi sthinks! I'm also close to finishing my first month on the regimen and am experiencing the exact same problem. I have some pretty gross looking pimples on my cheeks and forehead and I very, very rarely break out in either of those places. My skin is also super flaky and leathery as well. I've decided to use only a tiny bit of bp on the areas where I don't break out very often. To answer your questions: 1. I think it's only safe to pop if the pimple has fully come to a head. And even then use a sterilized needle and very gentle pressure. If nothing comes out easily, then just leave it alone. 2. I love the jojoba oil. I sort of figure more moisture mean less irritation and hopefully less breakouts eventually. 3. I'm in my late 20s and still struggle with breakouts so it's possible! I could care less about using bp every day as long as I have clear skin though...we'll see if it works! Good luck!

I finally checked back on this post and I just wanna say thank you guys for answering! Some of the message boards I've been on have been..well..not so nice, but you seem like a nice bunch. :) I'm still crossing my fingers for better results because I just broke out again this week. No clue what the culprit could be.

Good luck to you too ohdear!

On a side note, has anyone heard of the lacura skincare line? I was at Aldi the other day and saw that the line was basically non comedogenic. Sounds good. Any success stories?

Hi everybody, I'm just a few days away from finishing my first month on The Regimen. I had a few quick questions.

I'm currently breaking out. Badly. I have large inflamed papules (I think?) or possible nodules/cysts on my cheeks, one on my forehead and I don't usually break out there. All of a sudden, they just came out of nowhere. All in the past week and a half. Some of them have turned into pustules. Question one: can I pop these? I've been avoiding popping them, but whenever I sleep, I find that one of them, if not a couple, have popped overnight probably because of my tossing and turning.

Secondly, I'm experiencing extremely flaky skin from the BP and coming from someone with oily skin, I'd say that's pretty bad. However, I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of even trying jojoba oil because even though it's claimed to be non comedogenic, I've had enough bad experiences to know that I should stay away from anything that has the word "oil" in it. I tried Emu oil once.. biggest mistake of my life. I know Dan's moisturizer has jojoba oil in it and I do use it 2x/day so maybe that's the culprit for my breakout?

I don't know guys.. I know you all have heard this more than enough times but I'm really feeling down about this. I'm gonna keep going and hope that The Regimen does work because I'm at my wit's end trying to find a cure for my stupid skin. I'm hating this flaky, leathery skin at the moment, but I guess you have to do what you have to do.

Last question... am I to stay on The Regimen for life?! I hate the thought of having to rely on BP until I'm 30 lol.

I have to say that I went through that exact same type of breakout at roughly the same time in the regimen. I am now at 9 weeks or so and pretty zit free!!! It goes away, but man does that breakout leave nasty marks. I NEVER got cyst-type pimples. EVER. Then I had two that didn't surface and are rapidly disappearing. They were painful and awful, but the rest of my acne cleared up and they're retreating and fading.

It'll be okay!