Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
angelstar975

Finished 2 weeks ago, now I have a pimple

I finished my accutane treatment 2 weeks ago. I was on a 5 month course... 2 months of 40 mg/day and 3 months of 80 mg/day. I weigh 55 kg so I went a little bit over the recommended 150 mg/kg. My acne was moderate and persistent when I started. All my existing acne cleared within the first month (I was also on an antibiotic during months 1 & 2) and I never got an IB. I got a few more pimples in the 2nd month but then I was completely clear for the last 3 or so months. Today, I developed a small pimple on my forehead, near my hairline. I know it's just one little pimple and the pimple itself doesn't bother me... it's the idea of more coming that scares me. I know a lot of people still get the occasional pimple after accutane, but I feel like 2 weeks is a little soon. Can anyone else share their post accutane experiences? I really don't want to relapse! I've had some hair loss during my first course, which probably isn't noticeable to anyone but me, but I don't want to go on a second course for fear of it getting worse! As is, I'm still noticing hair loss when I wash my hair, so it doesn't seem to have subsided yet. Hopefully it will.

I got a pimple or two right around the time I stopped Accutane. I've been off Accutane for 102 days now. Has my skin been utterly flawless? No. I still have a random pimple every once in a while, but they're so, so, so small compared to what I had pre-Accutane. I've probably had 4-5 pimples since stopping Accutane and only 2 of those have been actually noticeable to other people.

I wouldn't be concerned at the moment. Just think that you have normal skin now. Normal skin isn't flawless, but there aren't what seems like 100 pimples at a time on your face either. Okay--I'm exaggerating, but I hope you get the point.

If your acne does escalate, then you can start to seek out treatment options. But, don't stress before then--you'll likely just cause more breakouts.