Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr President

My recent scar improvements

lol sapphire! im not being selfish. i was thinking about what you said about the methods i used to get those improvements and how people would be unlikely to understand and think i was the devil.

id rather be an angel so i thought it was best to leave it :)

anyhoo, im still taking the HA supplements which might be masking the true improvement on some scars, but ive been reducing the amount im using and the scars havent dramaticallly reappeared, so they are still a lot better than before.

i wont go cold turkey on them just yet though, especially since in a week or two is around the time the collagen should start kicking in.

ill hold my reservations though. i mean nothing has worked this well on my scars before and the improvement is pretty amazing...a little too good to be true...so if it just the HA supplements, god ill never stop using them.

im still dealing with some moderate ongoing redness which im trying to get rid of...im trying to get my license so i can go for graduate jobs and not look strange :)

Edited by gimme gimme gimme

lol sapphire! im not being selfish. i was thinking about what you said about the methods i used to get those improvements and how people would be unlikely to understand and think i was the devil.

id rather be an angel so i thought it was best to leave it :)

anyhoo, im still taking the HA supplements which might be masking the true improvement on some scars, but ive been reducing the amount im using and the scars havent dramaticallly reappeared, so they are still a lot better than before.

i wont go cold turkey on them just yet though, especially since in a week or two is around the time the collagen should start kicking in.

ill hold my reservations though. i mean nothing has worked this well on my scars before and the improvement is pretty amazing...a little too good to be true...so if it just the HA supplements, god ill never stop using them.

im still dealing with some moderate ongoing redness which im trying to get rid of...im trying to get my license so i can go for graduate jobs and not look strange :)

lol yeah, you're totally right. I mean, I think I'm totally right about what I said in our message! :P I STILL need to get on those Hyaluronic Acid supplements. I've been slackinnn'! But the cream I've been using with HA *is* plumping up my scars & making them look better. Even if it is just temporary. I'm so glad you've find something that works for you for now, buddy!!

hey gimme gimme gimme just wondering if you heard back from those places doing airgent?

i spoke to one place and they told me the price and stuff i am considering going for it

hey gimme gimme gimme just wondering if you heard back from those places doing airgent?

i spoke to one place and they told me the price and stuff i am considering going for it

oh hey mate - oh im glad they got back to you..how much did they quote?

i messaged two in another state..i was pretty honest and said ive tried a number of methods in the past and wasnt interested in laser..i told them about the study and asked if theyd be interested in doing it.

i never got a reply. i couldve rung them up, but never got around to it.

ive been taking topical and pill form of the HA and it seems to be working well...at least enough until i get my tca crosses on my remaining scars.

yay its our little secret then :) do your scars look much smaller sapphire?

They do look less deep :D & some small ones I can barely see anymore.

sapphire - oh glad to hear it sapphire :) its def given me more confidence too!

buddy franklin - theres no secret treatment. ive just been treating my own scars using the methods ive learnt here on this site and adapting them as i saw fit.

i know people here have a real problem with that kind of thing and im simply not going to open myself up to that kind of thing.

it would only upset others and me.

anyhoo, lets leave it at that.

yeh i was in contact with the same ones you spoke to in melbourne, one of them was pretty helpful, actually called me but it was only the receptionist and i dont think she really knew too much about it.

but she did tell me its $1000 for 3 treatments 3 weeks apart and then another treatment 6 months post if neccessary.

i might pursue treatments at christmas time maybe but i am in queensland so i dont know.

at least the airgent has no downtime that i know of.

yeh i was in contact with the same ones you spoke to in melbourne, one of them was pretty helpful, actually called me but it was only the receptionist and i dont think she really knew too much about it.

but she did tell me its $1000 for 3 treatments 3 weeks apart and then another treatment 6 months post if neccessary.

i might pursue treatments at christmas time maybe but i am in queensland so i dont know.

at least the airgent has no downtime that i know of.

thats awesome. which one was the one that called you back?

i might give them a ring too. melb always seems to have the best scar treatments.

um it was the one with pictures of the doctor on the website i cant remember the name but the one with the better looking website.

oh i think i know the one you mean. i think that was the one in armadale victoria. cdc clinics - i just looked it up. ah well im glad they contacted you back..they definitely look like the better ones.

i hope all goes well for you.

gimme,

where did you get the ha supplements and how much do you take daily? thanks.

oh i am not taking much. im taking 100mgs a day. its not enough to plump up any scars, but im sure its helpful in its own way.

if you are revising your scars (tca cross, lasers, peels, subcisions etc), i recommend you raise it to 200mgs a day for 2-3 weeks. this will temporarilly plump the scars and im sure aids in healing.

alongside this, a topical HA also work pretty well. some people here think think the topical HAs are better because they are more targeted. so you could skip the supplements and simply use the topicals if you wish.

Edit: I buy mine off iherb. I find them to be pretty good for most supplements. The brand im using now is called NOW, but im considering other brands with more pills in them...so i dont need to order them so often.