Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hannah-Squeezefanx

13 weeks... Still dry and red :(

From what I've read so far on the forums, it seems that by this time, my skin should have calmed down and not be as red and dry as it is. I have cut down a bit on the amount of bp I use as I think it was quite harsh on my face using a full finger's length twice a day, but my skin is still very dry and goes bright 'I've been sunburned' red. Any ideas as to why this is?

P.s. I have quite pale skin.

from my experience thus far, the redness takes longer to disappear than all the stupid "what to expect" crap I've seen posted. I started treating my forehead like 7 months ago and thinking the redness and dryness would never stop.

as of today, however, my forehead looks great. looks totally normal. I started treating my lower face about 3 and a half to 4 months ago, and it's still red and dry. I'm guessing it hasnt fully adapted yet (unlike my forehead). it's extremely frustrating so I understand fully your pain. best you can do is stick it out and take all the preventative measures like jojoba and if u fell you rly need it, aha. it will most likely adapt at some point even if it seems like forever and a half. I can't wait for my lower face to get there... it's been very frustrating and discouraging lately.

Guest Timehealsall

did you guys experience leathery skin as well?

I wouldn't say mine was 'leathery', but it does get quite dry (an finding AHA is helping with that) and red is really the problem. If your skin still feels rough, I'm not an expert by any means, but maybe cutting down bp use just a little might help? X

leathery is kind of a good word but honestly it changes from day to day so much that idk what the hell is going on. some days my skin feels and looks pretty great and sometimes it feels and looks aweful. I often get what look like zits that never actually come to a head. they come and go very quickly but its often enough that it's upsetting and freaks me out. I find it's extremely difficult to find a good balance of exfoliation. I've noticed my skin looks terrible when I have dead skin build up, but then again, it looks terrible when I use aha at times because my face turns into a choppy, red mess. all I know is my forehead has become so resilient that it doesn't rly matter what I do to it... it always looks and feels pretty damn good. I am

praying that my lower face reaches that point. it's a huge struggle but we are all going through it I guess... hang in there. I'll do the same. remember that regardless of how depressing it can be, the earth is going to keep

turning. the sun will always rise and set. find happiness in the

other things around u and try to disconnect body and mind.