Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manonfire

(* PHOTOS INCLUDED *) Can someone please explain to me what type of acne I have ?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area , I've had a look and I think this is right.

I've had acne since being 12 or 13 and it started on my forehead and looked exactly as it does here only a lot more enflamed , once I became 17 it magically seemed to dissapear over a few days and I thought my acne was gone forever , then about a week later it all started to appear on my cheeks and again a little on my forehead. The cheeks are definitely the worst place as every spot as I get tends to never dissapear.

My problem with treating my acne is that I have no idea what I'm actually dealing with. Are these pauples , cysts , whiteheads , blackheads or something else ?.

I've looked on many websites and all the photos of different spots are way to small or out of focus for me to make any comparisons. My nose also tends to get the same thing now and then.

I've attached the photo at the bottom of this page for members but I've also put a direct link here to where I have uploaded it to a photo site for those who may be reading who aren't members of the site.

Link to photo.

My acne was about 30-40% worse than this a month ago since I've been using Zineryt twice a day ( which I don't think has done much ) and have also been taking 2 408mg Lymecycline tablets ( which I think have worked ok for me ) everyday both prescribed by my GP.

My acne looks quite flat and the main thing that bothers me is the redness. I'm now 18 ( 19 in april ) and it seems every time I get a new spot they never fade so each one will add to whats on my face now.

So the questions I'm left with which my GP can't seem to answer is...

What type of acne is this ?.

How can I battle the redness of these spots ?.

Is this active or inactive acne ?.

Should I continue antibioitcs ?.

Do you think this is hormonal ?.

I'm also worrying when I stop these antibiotics that I might break out horribly.

Any other advice would be great , I hope this thread can get a few replies since I have no idea what to use really !.

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone battling crappy acne !. :D

post-136314-1289663222_thumb.jpg

post-136314-1289663222_thumb.jpg

Edited by Manonfire

You're 17 right? It is probably hormonal. like 80 percent of teens get acne, you could ask your parents if they got acne as a teenager because if they did then you will. I know both of my parents got it so i got it as well.

If its mostly on the sides of your face, try keeping your pillow sheets really clean. that can help. My doctor has told me that antibiotics CAN help, but not really. Thats exactly how she put it.

You're 17 right? It is probably hormonal. like 80 percent of teens get acne, you could ask your parents if they got acne as a teenager because if they did then you will. I know both of my parents got it so i got it as well.

If its mostly on the sides of your face, try keeping your pillow sheets really clean. that can help. My doctor has told me that antibiotics CAN help, but not really. Thats exactly how she put it.

Hi , thanks for the reply.

I'm 18 now , 19 in april. The acne appeared on both cheeks when I was 17. I'm hoping it's hormonal like you said. I'm using dans cleanser but that's it other than the antibioitcs now.

I was using benzoyl for months and it didn't help much, I'm wondering if emu oil might help.

Edited by Manonfire

Hi , thanks for the reply.

I'm 18 now , 19 in april. The acne appeared on both cheeks when I was 17. I'm hoping it's hormonal like you said. I'm using dans cleanser but that's it other than the antibioitcs now.

I was using benzoyl for months and it didn't help much, I'm wondering if emu oil might help.

No problem, i've found that not many people post in threads so it can be hard to get replies.

im 18 too and started benzoyl a couple days ago, my doc says its hormonal acne. hopefully we both get cleared up

thats weird my acne is very similar to yours. I am also 18 and my birthday is april 4th lol. im at uni and know how hard it is with people around you all the time but im hoping that it will phase out soon, not sure if i could cope with it in my 20's