Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chellelynn85

Make up remover on regimen besides jojoba oil?

Hey everyone. I recently started the regimen was adding 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to Dan's moisturizer for flakiness. However I quickly realized my skin was breaking out from the jojoba oil. As soon as I stopped using it in my moisturizer, the zits and irritation I had went away.

My questions is this: Is there a makeup remover I can use on the regimen other than jojoba oil? I was using jojoba oil to remove my makeup prior to washing my face. Do you think it will be okay to use jojoba oil to remove my makeup as long as I wash it off my skin with Dan's cleanser afterwards? Do you think I could use it as a makeup remover as long as I do not leave it off my skin? I think the reason I was breakouting out before was due to the fact I was using the JO in my moisturizer and leaving it on my skin.... What do you think? Should I use something else and avoid JO all together?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well, I use Olive Oil (:. It's also moisturizing. But I believe that you could use the jojoba oil, as long it doesn't stay on.

Do you use olive oil because you have had issues with jojoba oil? Also this may be a stupid question, but do you use olive oil that you use for cooking or is there a different type of olive oil to use? Thanks in adavance for all your help!

Edited by chellelynn85

A lot of people review oils and say that while it breaks them out if used to moisturize (ie left on the skin), if they use it before a cleanser that adequately removes the oil, then they don't break out. So give it a shot :D Although I found it to still be irritating when used before cleansers.

Oh, and if the oil still breaks you out, these oils are recommended for acne-prone skin:

- High linoleic sunflower/safflower oil

- Grapeseed oil

- Hazelnut oil (broke me out I think)

- Kukui nut oil

- Mineral oil (yup, rates a 0 out of 5 on comedogenic sites)

- Babassu oil

- Neem oil (smell is HORRIBLE. I don't use cleansers, so I was unable to get the stink off my skin every day and it could be smelled on my skin)

- Watermelon oil

Can't think of others, but there's a list I found online that compares a bunch of oils and lists some of their properties/uses:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjour...mp;articleid=66

And for a good place to buy the oils, I'd recommend Garden of Wisdom, simply because they have a large selection. I've never bought from them myself, but I might since I am interested in trying out watermelon and kukui nut.

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/oils.html

Thanks AshleyNicole for the great information and advice! Do you have a personal favorite oil you like to use? I am thinking just to be on the same side I may try a different kind of oil to remove my makeup since jojoba oil doesn't agree with my skin...

I really appreciate all the great information and links!

Petroleum jelly. It's inert enough not to interfere with the Regimen as well. And non-comedogenic as well.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well after reading many of the reviews about oils to use other than jojoba oil, I decided to go with emu oil. I picked up a 4 ounce bottle of emu oil this afternoon and I used it for the first time tonight. First, I used 6 drops as a makeup remover before doing the regimen. I followed up with DK cleanser, DK BP, and finally with DK moisturizer with about 4 drops of emu oil added in.

So far I really like the texture and consistency. It is thick, but absorbs well and has quenched my dry skin. I know a lot of people also said it helps to heal red marks quickly so I am excited about the extra help there as well!

I will keep you all updated on my progress. Keep your fingers crossed!

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Well after reading many of the reviews about oils to use other than jojoba oil, I decided to go with emu oil. I picked up a 4 ounce bottle of emu oil this afternoon and I used it for the first time tonight. First, I used 6 drops as a makeup remover before doing the regimen. I followed up with DK cleanser, DK BP, and finally with DK moisturizer with about 4 drops of emu oil added in.

So far I really like the texture and consistency. It is thick, but absorbs well and has quenched my dry skin. I know a lot of people also said it helps to heal red marks quickly so I am excited about the extra help there as well!

Is it the pure stuff? with a whitish tint to it?

I tried some clear, glue-smelling emu oil from amazon once, and at first i loved it, but after awhile i noticed it made my blackheads WAAAAYY worse and was clogging up all my pores.

But maybe thats just my skin, and reguarding the olive oil question, i use extra virgin because its better than just plain old olive oil. and we always have it around, so its cheaper than buying jojoba separately.

I tried some clear, glue-smelling emu oil from amazon once, and at first i loved it, but after awhile i noticed it made my blackheads WAAAAYY worse and was clogging up all my pores.

But maybe thats just my skin, and reguarding the olive oil question, i use extra virgin because its better than just plain old olive oil. and we always have it around, so its cheaper than buying jojoba separately.

It is pure, refined emu oil. I know people who experienced breakouts with jojoba oil had good comments about emu oil so I figured it was worth a try. I will keep EVOO in mind though. It is a cheaper alternative and always in the house as you mentioned!

BTW- I enjoyed your post about using oil to exfoliate while on the regimen to get rid of flakiness! Very helpful!

It is pure, refined emu oil. I know people who experienced breakouts with jojoba oil had good comments about emu oil so I figured it was worth a try. I will keep EVOO in mind though. It is a cheaper alternative and always in the house as you mentioned!

BTW- I enjoyed your post about using oil to exfoliate while on the regimen to get rid of flakiness! Very helpful!

:D my life goal is accomplished.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Emu oil is great. :) Hope it works well for you!

I have moved about seven off-topic posts to the Random Thought thread in the Lounge. ;)

Well, I use Olive Oil (:. It's also moisturizing. But I believe that you could use the jojoba oil, as long it doesn't stay on.

Do you use olive oil because you have had issues with jojoba oil? Also this may be a stupid question, but do you use olive oil that you use for cooking or is there a different type of olive oil to use? Thanks in adavance for all your help!

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil :D. And only because I already have it in my house, hehe. Plus, I can't buy any Joboja oil anywhere near me, and the shipping is quite expensive. And yes, I also use it for cooking (;.

Oh, and Emu Oil is a great choice! I didn't know it could be used as a makeup remover! When I've bought a new bottle (my current one is almost empty D: ), I'm going to use it as a makeup remover, too :D

I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil :D. And only because I already have it in my house, hehe. Plus, I can't buy any Joboja oil anywhere near me, and the shipping is quite expensive. And yes, I also use it for cooking (;.

Oh, and Emu Oil is a great choice! I didn't know it could be used as a makeup remover! When I've bought a new bottle (my current one is almost empty D: ), I'm going to use it as a makeup remover, too :D

Yes, the emu oil is a wonderful makeup remover and really helps with battling dry skin and flakiness. Thanks for the advice about the EVOO!

I have moved about seven off-topic posts to the Random Thought thread in the Lounge. ;)

Wynne - You use emu oil as well, right? How do you add it into your regimen? Do you use a few drops of the emu oil in the mouisturizer instead of jojoba oil?

Wynne - You use emu oil as well, right? How do you add it into your regimen? Do you use a few drops of the emu oil in the mouisturizer instead of jojoba oil?

I don't use the acne.org regimen. I use the emu oil every so often. In winter, much more often as my skin gets drier and annoyed. :) Just a few drops for the whole face, all by itself.

I dont know if I should post this question here or not but since you guys already started a conversation about make up removal... What are some methods that you guys use to remove makeup? do you just directly apply any type of oil th you are using on your face and rub it in? or do you use cotton pad? just wondering what you guys do to remove makeup since removing makeup may cause extra irritation. what are some ways to reduce some of that?

Edited by yokel

I don't use the acne.org regimen. I use the emu oil every so often. In winter, much more often as my skin gets drier and annoyed. :) Just a few drops for the whole face, all by itself.

Thanks Wynne! I'm loving the emu oil so far.