Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tevez

Laser Resurfacing

Im interested in Laser Resurfacing has anyone had this done? Im talking about actual removal of skin on your face not the Fraxel laser.If the laser takes off a couple of millimetres of skin then eventully after a couple of treatments the scars will have disappeared the new skin growth would so no scarring(eventually) :think:

Tevez, that sounds good if you don't want you skin to ever heal. Of course you would be a bloody mess all the time. I would say if you have minimal scars with no depth the Co2 would work fine for you. Imagine you face is a piece of wood with indents in it. Eventually you could sand down that wood so the indents would go away. Can you do the same thing with human tissue, I don't think so.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Laser-Lin...ma-t252527.html

I spoke to my doctor about this and he said nearly the same thing (imagine your skin is a piece of woodwith indents in it.Eventully you could sand down that wood so the indents would go away)

If you think about it makes sense.

Unfortunately, the laser results would tend to be similar to dermabrasion: the edges of the scars are softened, but the scar tissue itself grows at a slower rate than normal tissue - the scars will start to reappear after about 6 months. I know, as I have had two dermabrasion treatments. You really need to do something to encourage collagen growth in the scar tissue. Needling or fraxel laser would seem to be the best option, along with subcision if you have any bound-down rolling scars. Retin A or copper peptides may also help to encourage collagen growth.

I spoke to my doctor about this and he said nearly the same thing (imagine your skin is a piece of woodwith indents in it.Eventully you could sand down that wood so the indents would go away)

If you think about it makes sense.

I am no doctor, but the block of wood does not replace the wood that has been sanded off, whereas your skin should grow back to replace what has been lasered off, leaving the indents at the same depth as before. I have had both dermabrasion and regular Co2 and I was dissatisified with both. Doctors will offer the flavor of laser that they have, so do your research on all types of treatment and then begin looking for the doctor. I advocate Re:pair, but it is expensive, invasive, time consuming, and requires multiple treatments(perhaps as many as 4-6) and a period of 2-3 years.

You have said nothing about the extent of your scars, and ablative lasers(like regular Co2 and Re:pair) are at the high end of the treament spectrum. We don't want to cut off your finger if you just have a hang nail. There is a lot of good info on this site they may serve you well. Lasers are for more extreme cases.

Edited by DudleyDoRight

Still think its the best option to remove indents if you have enough treatments the new skin formed will show no scars after several treatments.

Fraxel re-pair, it's new. Out of all the fraxel lasers this is the one, Google f it in Sydney.
I say go f it. Just go to a dermatologist f the treatment.u can ask f price over the phone. usually a free consult too.