Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jasmonia25

doxy 50g once a day to low??

just wondering is this the usual dosage for doxy?? doctor said thats the usual and recommended dose but i see people taking 100g and twice a day :S i have mild to moderate but consistant acne

just wondering is this the usual dosage for doxy?? doctor said thats the usual and recommended dose but i see people taking 100g and twice a day :S i have mild to moderate but consistant acne

That is one recommended dose. The low dose is anti-inflammatory PLUS less likely to induce resistance in the bacteria. Your doctor is looking out for you and your skin. :)

I would tell you it's probably based on your height. weight, age, etc., but to be honest I think it's based on whatever your doctor feels like prescribing. My doctor prescribed me 100mg twice a day to start out on for a month, and I also have moderate but consistent acne, and I weigh about 105 lbs at 5'4, so I think it's really about the doctor you see. I think your doctor is probably trying to be careful, but I do think that dose is low, and I would try it out initially but ask for a higher if you don't see the results that you want. Personally, I doubt that would have done anything for me.

Im a pretty small and skinny guy so might just stick with the 1 50g dose a day, i already asked my doctor if im not happy can i make it 2 times a day and she said it shouldent be a problem

I'm at 100mg 1x a day of doxy...been only 3 or 4 days; i pray it stops the painful/inflamed pimples from forming that leavePIH in their wake-bloody hell!! so sick of it...i'm about to turn 31 and i'm breaking out worse than ever! only a month ago my skin was clear! wtf?! my face always breaks out so randomly but badly :(

50mg doxy is actually a good dose, I am actually on 40mg of oracea, which is doxy but it only fights inflammation and does not fight bacteria

Taking this low of a dose will help me from becoming resistant.

Good luck!

Guest Timehealsall

hey hopeful, was this your idea or your derms idea??

I am on doxy as well but i fucking hope i do not become resistant to it..