Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acnefreehopefully

Been off Doryx for 2 days..Probiotics necessary?

Was on Doryx 150mg every day for the past 3 months....

Today is my 3rd day without it and Ive been taking trader joes refrigerated probiotics these last 3 days but Im pretty sure Milk causes some acne for me so I have a decision to make...

Finding a milk-free probiotic is out of the question for at least a week, so I was wondering if its really that necessary that I take a pro-biotic right now?

Edited by acnefreehopefully

Guest Timehealsall
Was on Doryx 150mg every day for the past 3 months....

Today is my 3rd day without it and Ive been taking trader joes refrigerated probiotics these last 3 days but Im pretty sure Milk causes some acne for me so I have a decision to make...

Finding a milk-free probiotic is out of the question for at least a week, so I was wondering if its really that necessary that I take a pro-biotic right now?

i have no clue. I am trying to figure this out as well. I have been on doxy 200mg a day for 4 months, bu ti have also been supplementing with culturelle (gluten/dairy free probiotics). But i am not sure if these probiotics are even that good.

Yes Yes Yes! I regret not taking a probiotic when I was on doxycycline, it gave me a stuffy nose even until this day which I never really had unless I was sick. Even after taking the antibiotic you should take acidaphillos(sp?), because it can also help in digestion and clearing cheek acne says the chinese map :surprised: