Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

is it possible that products can permanently enlarge pores?

Guest Timehealsall

Is it possible?

What do you think?

Anything that damages the skin (like a heavy duty acid, improperly used for instance) can enlarge the pores.

HOWEVER, gunk in pores is the most likely cause of enlarged pores. Once the gunk is out, the enlarged pores look more obvious and the usual assumption is that the product caused it. It did not.

Guest Timehealsall
What do you think?

Anything that damages the skin (like a heavy duty acid, improperly used for instance) can enlarge the pores.

HOWEVER, gunk in pores is the most likely cause of enlarged pores. Once the gunk is out, the enlarged pores look more obvious and the usual assumption is that the product caused it. It did not.

heavy duty acid? Can you give me examples of this? Like a tca peel? Wat about facial scrubs (such as st ives apricot scrub)

The reason i am asking this is because i seem to have enlarged pores in areas where i never had zits/blackheads/whiteheads OR any gunk. Which is weird...

What do you think?

heavy duty acid? Can you give me examples of this? Like a tca peel? Wat about facial scrubs (such as st ives apricot scrub)

The reason i am asking this is because i seem to have enlarged pores in areas where i never had zits/blackheads/whiteheads OR any gunk. Which is weird...

I leave the definition of heavy duty acids to you. :)

You could still have gunk in those pores, just not gunk that is very noticeable. If the pores are only newly large, then it's not genetics, but caused by whatever is in the pores.

That being said, I noticed that when using drying products, my pores appear larger, and once I ease up on things and give my skin the time/chance to settle down, my pores appear smaller. But I do have some pores that look quite large now, but I'm sure that 95% of them have some gunk in them, even though I don't feel or see the gunk.

Guest Timehealsall
You could still have gunk in those pores, just not gunk that is very noticeable. If the pores are only newly large, then it's not genetics, but caused by whatever is in the pores.

That being said, I noticed that when using drying products, my pores appear larger, and once I ease up on things and give my skin the time/chance to settle down, my pores appear smaller. But I do have some pores that look quite large now, but I'm sure that 95% of them have some gunk in them, even though I don't feel or see the gunk.

so ashley, and suggestions on how i can minimize the appearance of my pores? I am getting big pores in areas where i dont even use drying agents (i.e. BP), unless the BP just creeps up there by itself?

Guest Timehealsall

maybe the BP was getting rid of the gunk in my pores, and hence why they are noticeable now?