Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Playing_In_Traffic

Question about SA with Differin

Guest Playing_In_Traffic

I read in the pinned topic that salicylic acid is fine to use with Differin, I guess I just wanted to double check that no one had ever encounted problems mixing these two-I am always so leary about mixing chemicals on my face, fearing a horrendous breakout or scaly, dry skin.

I'd like to use the SA in the morning and stick to my Differin at night. Sound good? And I'd also like a few recommendations on which SA product to use if you have any.

Thanks a bunch. :)

I sent an email to Differin and they replied by saying NOT to use salicylic or gycolic acid with Differin. I just use a salicylic cleanser every 3-4 days and a normal hydrating cleanser daily before differin.

I sent an email to Differin and they replied by saying NOT to use salicylic or gycolic acid with Differin. I just use a salicylic cleanser every 3-4 days and a normal hydrating cleanser daily before differin.

Did they give a reason. I ues SA wash 1-2 a day with tretinoin and seems to work fine.

Did they give a reason. I ues SA wash 1-2 a day with tretinoin and seems to work fine.

no they did not, they just sent me a generic email.

i believe with tretinoin found in ziana, retina etc etc, salicylic acid inhibits the vitamin A from working or something. Now this probably mostly from a salicylic gel or lotion, but not necessarily from a wash. So i think a wash should be fine, BUT it might be over irritating for some people to use salicylic as an exfoliant daily with the already deep cell exfoliating retinoids.

Personally, I think salicylic is a litttle too drying for me- so I just stick with a hydrating cleanser. I also think it salicylic breaks me out... but that has not been confirmed yet...