Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MINIac

Stain or powder?

So, I need to run out today (you've got 4 1/2 hours!!!) and buy some blush for a natural finish to my natural and flawless foundation that I am still in the process of trying to find for an all important job interview next Wednesday. I was wondering... should I get a stain or powder? I was reading up on the Tarte stain (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P38468&categoryId=C12001) and it sounds so wonderful (except for the stickyness which reviewers said to just apply a little powder over to remedy that problem). There were a lot of complaints in reviews for the stain about powder blushes and how unnatural they are since they just sit on the skin, whereas this blends in. Makes sense. But I found this stuff as a powder since I just don't know which to go with (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P122787&categoryId=RVP). What do you guys think? It really MUST be as natural looking as possible. So, stain or powder? The poll is open for business!

stains are definitely more natural looking, but if you have bumps on you cheeks I'd avoid them - you'll irritate the bumps trying to get it blended, and it will cling oddly there.

I've actually used the clinique blush, my mom gave me a sample she got - it's really nice looking - I have no idea about the comedogonicity though.

If you don't have much experience applying either,then I'd skip it entirely. Applying blush is rather difficult,and you need to know how to compliment the shape of your face.

If you have facial redness,I'd also be cautious. Blush applied to spots just makes it look worse.

If you don't have either of these issues,I'd just go for a powder using a fiber optic brush. It helps keep application very sheer.

Thanks for all the responses, guys! I ended up with the Tarte stain and I absolutely love it! It really does look more natural than any powders I have ever tried. I am definitely sticking with this.