Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Q_P

Scarred pores from Retin-A?

Anyone else notice they're getting very large/jagged scarred pores while using a retinoid? While I have scarred for a while now, I never got this type before using Retin-A. They seem to appear when the Retin-A purges the gunk from the pores. Is there any way to prevent them?

I have the same exact problem, except now from my use of Tazorac, but I have no idea how to prevent them nor heal them :(.

Also, when I don't use Taz, they appear worse. So it's pretty much a lose-lose situation.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Anyone else notice they're getting very large/jagged scarred pores while using a retinoid? While I have scarred for a while now, I never got this type before using Retin-A. They seem to appear when the Retin-A purges the gunk from the pores. Is there any way to prevent them?

I got a lot of scarred pores out of nowhere while using Tazorac. Prior to that I had no scars at all really, now my cheeks are destroyed.

To be honest with you, I personally think that it has nothing got to do with purging, or rather these pores are enlarged due to over-drying effect from using retin-a.