Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

face looks leathery

Guest Timehealsall

well ive been on the regimen for about 3 months (maybe 11 weeks?) and my face looks leathery. Its really weird and i was wondering if this is normal? I mean, the jojoba oil/moisturizer help to an extent, but i still look way too leathery/flaky.

Hmmm, are you properly hydrated? Have you tried the AHA lotion? It may help with the overall look of your skin.

Guest Timehealsall
Hmmm, are you properly hydrated? Have you tried the AHA lotion? It may help with the overall look of your skin.

i drink 5-6 glasses of water daily.

I am afraid to use aha as it might break me out.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I did AHA and it made me itchy and I would have bad itches and would scratch the itches because they were to strong to ignore and in the morning I woke up and had realay bad wounds on my face. They're gone now. But, Acne.org's products are just fucking my skin up. I'm sick of it. Now I have to wean myself off of the BP. Greeeeaaat. I am slowly weaning myself off of it. I went from applying it 2x a day to only applying it at night and then will slowly move to every other day. I personally think the regimen is cool at first, but takes too much time. Screw Acne.org. It cleared me up, yes, but, now it's time to say goodbye.

Guest Timehealsall

i mean i cant describe this leathery look. Ill give you an example, when i look in the mirror, and if my face is shiny, its becuase im oily. Well when i wash my face, my face should not be shiny no more, at least for not an hour or so. Well, this leathery look gives me a shiny face all the times because of all this dead skin on my face.

ashleynicole, i drink water usually throughout the day, but sometimtes i go hours without it. I dont rlly feel thirsty most of the time?

Regarding the exofliation, what should i use to HEAVILY exfoliate? I mean, according to acne.org regimen, exfoliation is just irritating. The only exfoliation i do is the jojoba oil exfoliation method.

I did AHA and it made me itchy and I would have bad itches and would scratch the itches because they were to strong to ignore and in the morning I woke up and had realay bad wounds on my face. They're gone now. But, Acne.org's products are just fucking my skin up. I'm sick of it. Now I have to wean myself off of the BP. Greeeeaaat. I am slowly weaning myself off of it. I went from applying it 2x a day to only applying it at night and then will slowly move to every other day. I personally think the regimen is cool at first, but takes too much time. Screw Acne.org. It cleared me up, yes, but, now it's time to say goodbye.

i mean i cant describe this leathery look. Ill give you an example, when i look in the mirror, and if my face is shiny, its becuase im oily. Well when i wash my face, my face should not be shiny no more, at least for not an hour or so. Well, this leathery look gives me a shiny face all the times because of all this dead skin on my face.

ashleynicole, i drink water usually throughout the day, but sometimtes i go hours without it. I dont rlly feel thirsty most of the time?

Regarding the exofliation, what should i use to HEAVILY exfoliate? I mean, according to acne.org regimen, exfoliation is just irritating. The only exfoliation i do is the jojoba oil exfoliation method....

Do not do heavy exfoliation on the acne.org regimen, you're correct.

Moisturize MORE. Once you're clear, add in the AHA+.

Guest Timehealsall

i mean how much MORE moisturizing can i do? I already use a ton and i add 5-6 jojoba drops...

Maybe my skins like this because i am allergic to BP? is it possible to be allergic to BP and just experiences severe flaking/dead skin? Mines is mostly flaking/dead skin

i mean how much MORE moisturizing can i do? I already use a ton and i add 5-6 jojoba drops...

Maybe my skins like this because i am allergic to BP? is it possible to be allergic to BP and just experiences severe flaking/dead skin? Mines is mostly flaking/dead skin

More. *shrugs* Use petroleum jelly in a thin layer once a week.

No. Allergy means redness, swelling. Not 'leathery'.

Guest Timehealsall

More. *shrugs* Use petroleum jelly in a thin layer once a week.

No. Allergy means redness, swelling. Not 'leathery'.

vaseline, will it clog my pores?

i will try that, i will buy some tommorow

Guest Timehealsall

wynne i should also mention that when i use the jojoba oil exofliation method, i rub it on my skin for 5 mins (like it says to). Anyways, it literally feels like i can go on for hours rubbing dead flaky skin off my skin..

Guest Timehealsall

hey ashley, you have been really helpful to me on this forum by replying to numerous threads that i have posted. I have one quick question if you do not mind.

I recall you saying that you used jojoba oil before and eventually you found out that it was drying you out. My question is, are you on the acne.org regimen? If you are, maybe that was the reason you were drying out and not jojoba oil? I feel jojoba oil isnt helping my flaking as much as it could, but it does help a little. i dont know waht to do..

hey ashley, you have been really helpful to me on this forum by replying to numerous threads that i have posted. I have one quick question if you do not mind.

I recall you saying that you used jojoba oil before and eventually you found out that it was drying you out. My question is, are you on the acne.org regimen? If you are, maybe that was the reason you were drying out and not jojoba oil? I feel jojoba oil isnt helping my flaking as much as it could, but it does help a little. i dont know waht to do..

I don't believe so, I think she's using the more gentle/natural approaches instead of potentially irritating BP. :shifty:

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

When i'm having SERIOUS flake-age, i usually gently rub it off in the shower.

Probably the reason why i'm breaking out a bit right now though.

the best bed is to really just heavily moisturize, and you can go longer with the jojoba exfoilation, i used to do it for 15+ minutes, but now i don't even need to do it, just a thin layer of oil before BP and two drops in my moistuizer.

Guest Timehealsall

does dan ever mention if the leathery skin look goes away eventually, or am i gonna look like this forever whilst on BP?

Maybe i should start using the BP only once a day...

Guest Timehealsall

i forgot to ask one more thing. I decided to apply BP to areas i rarely break out (i.e. corners of mouth) and now im getting some small zits there. My question is, since i rarely breakout in these areas, should i just stop using BP in these areas all together?

Regarding the exofliation, what should i use to HEAVILY exfoliate? I mean, according to acne.org regimen, exfoliation is just irritating. The only exfoliation i do is the jojoba oil exfoliation method.

hey 10items, isnt it worth it though to have clear skin? Just stop using the aha maybe?

Ehhhh, half and half. Lol. I stopped using the AHA, so that's good. I am 95% clear using the BP once a day. :D