Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bear06

Proper directions for Tretinoin?

Hi I have been on Tretinoin Cream 0.05% for about 7 months now and it hasn't completely cleared my face but I get less inflammated acne now. I want to know If I'm doing something wrong here I put on the cream 10 minutes after washing my face and I don't know if this matter but I have heard you have to pat it instead of rubbing the cream?

Also I want to switch from cream to gel because I have heard that it works better on acne and oily skin and was wondering which % should I get?

Thank You for your help

hi

I have been using retin a for about 10 years now.

I have used stievamycin get ( retin a with antibiotics mixed in one gel) and i found that one worked better on active pimples.

Now i dont have pimples anymore so i just use retin a to keep my pores clear. Now i use Retin A Micro.

Retin A Micro is supposed to be stongest % and least irritating of all retin A .

Waiting 10 minutes after washing a good idea. I have read that 30 minutes is even better. I usually apply it 15 minutes after washing. I find it is less irritating that way.

Hope this helps!

try waiting a little longer before applying the cream. My derm said wash after dinner ( around 6 or 7 for me usually) and apply before bed (9 or 10) and moisturize if dry!