Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daveatunc

The Bright Side

Although we all hate acne, we must admit that like all struggles in life, it has its positives. Take a moment to reflect on how acne has made you a better person.

1) I eat much healthier

2) I drink less alcohol and more infrequently

3) I study more as a consequence of staying in on particularly bad nights

4) I am more humble, and less narcissistic

5) I am more sympathetic to those who deal with different medical conditions and other struggles

6) I have stopped smoking

7) I have learned to accept that I am not perfect, and can still be happy

8) I have learned that my girlfriend who I have been with for almost 3 years loves me so much that she has never mentioned my imperfect skin.

9) Most importantly, I have come to appreciate that all struggles in life allow one to grow as a person

I treat others more kindly because I am not quick to judge. A lot of people without acne think it's because you're not clean. So,every time I see someone with a beauty issue,I'm not quick to put the blame on them.

I have also been able to see the beautiful side of another person,and appreciate their personalty more.

:hifive:

plus I heard that acne prone skin is less likely to develop deep wrinkles with age

I think it was in the news and it sounds like a bunch of honkytonk...but if there's any validity to it than I think the trade off is almost worth it

:hifive:

plus I heard that acne prone skin is less likely to develop deep wrinkles with age

I think it was in the news and it sounds like a bunch of honkytonk...but if there's any validity to it than I think the trade off is almost worth it

Oily skin wrinkles less/ages slower than dry skin... so if you have acne and oily skin, its true!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice post.

I am a much healthier person because of acne, and go out of my way to be friendly to other people with acne or people who just seem uncomfortable.

Best thread ive seen in ages!! everybody is so stressed and hung up on what they can and can't eat and can't do or can do. I THINK THIS IS GREAT :D

I've personally been enjoying my clear skin without any hangups, and I actually think the mindset of not caring as much is much healthier for your skin aswell.

perhaps admitting you have a problem and calling your doctor. Sometimes you cant help but feel depressed and have anxiaty (?) It may be a chemical imbalace. Might not have anything to do with you directly.

best-muscle-building-programs

Edited by JonyLeaber