Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thesimpsons

Question for people who take vitamin c tablets/caplets/chewables

If you take vitamin c tablets/caplets/chewables, how much in mg do you take daily? I want to begin and take chewables daily. Would 4 tablets of 500mg per day (total of 2000mg) be a good amount? Or is it too much?

Note: I already drink at least 1 glass of orange juice a day but figured i'd add in vitamin c tablets in hopes that more vitamin c will help with the persisting acne, as well as red marks/indented scars i have.

2 grams seems a bit too much, I'd take 1 gram a day instead, which is what I did in the past and sometimes I still do.

Have you tried taking vitamin B5 for the acne?

For the pitted scars taking vitamin supplements alone won't help. You'll need to try needling, then taking vitamin C will help with that.

If you take vitamin c tablets/caplets/chewables, how much in mg do you take daily? I want to begin and take chewables daily. Would 4 tablets of 500mg per day (total of 2000mg) be a good amount? Or is it too much?

Note: I already drink at least 1 glass of orange juice a day but figured i'd add in vitamin c tablets in hopes that more vitamin c will help with the persisting acne, as well as red marks/indented scars i have.

just buy ascorbic acid in powder form and mix it with apple juice. 1/2 teaspoon is about 4 grams. plus you can make vitamin c serum with it aswell

I like to take 2 grams per day, (2x 1000 mg), 3 if I really need an immunity boost. You pee out the excess once your Vit C stores are full. I like to buy the Vitamin C buffered with Calcium with added quercetin (natural anti-histamine) - I take the Sisu one. If you feel that your tummy is uneasy with taking 2g's / day - find a Vit C that is buffered to help balance the acidity.

Edited by smartie