Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FigNewton

What worked for me

FIG - you don't get your turmeric and guggul caps from MotherNature.com anymore?? how come??

Also, in regards to the yogurt mask, any kind of yogurt on the face is ok?? like Dannon or does it have to be Organic?? and for how long should one leave it on for before it is washed off??

Oh, I don't always get them from the same place, it doesn't really matter. I just got them from Mothernature.com last time because they are a good deal there, and if you spend a certain amount of $$ it's free shipping. But this time I wasn't going to spend enough to get free shipping. But I just get them wherever.. like last time I got guggul it was from Amazon.com (they offer free shipping too if you spend $25), and last time I got turmeric from Mountain rose herbs... it really doesn't matter where you get them. You can even get them from a grocery store, I know New Seasons carries them.

Any kind of yogurt should be okay, even soy or coconut yogurt, as long as it is plain (no sugar added). It doesn't have to be Organic but I prefer it to avoid weird additives.

FIG - you don't get your turmeric and guggul caps from MotherNature.com anymore?? how come??

Also, in regards to the yogurt mask, any kind of yogurt on the face is ok?? like Dannon or does it have to be Organic?? and for how long should one leave it on for before it is washed off??

Fig, glad to see your post. I love Rose Mountain herbs too! Only used the rose hydrosol before, but will try your suggestion! I've heard of that soap before, might check out mothernature site.

My only concern would be turmeric staining clothes, towels, etc., but the mask idea is great.

Never heard of guggul tumeric. Will check that out. Please keep us updated on your routine and results, as my acne is mostly hormonal I think. After beating my skin up, I'd like to heal it, and get results!

Once again, thanks for your post! :D

So my Guggul hasn't arrived yet and now I can feel a cyst forming on the other side of my chin... it sucked having a bit zit on New Years :(. I really hope it gets here soon, hopefully Monday! Will keep updated once my Guggul gets here... hopefully my results are the same as before.

Pearl 188 - luckily I've never had Turmeric stain anything.. Mountain Rose Herbs is awesome! They're actually located only about 3 hours away from me (but I've never been there).

fig i have taking tumeric for three days and already see a difference in inflamation. i hope its not too good to be true..i see you mention something about guggal and the thyroid...can you explain further as i just found out i have an overactive thryoid and will be seeing a dr this week to discuss my options. Is guggal helpful for the thyroid or should it not be taken if you have a thyroid problem? How the cyst today? I know the feeling about having a whopper of a zit when you have some place to go,..it never fails right!!!

I hope the Turmeric works for you wicky!

If you have an overactive thyroid, you should use caution when use guggul or avoid it. Consult a doctor/naturopath/dermatologist and/or do some research on the internet.

My Guggul just arrived, so it will probably be a few weeks before my acne starts healing again. It's not too terribly bad right now, thankfully.

Good luck with the Turmeric!

fig... i have rosacea as well and was wondering if the hydrosol is moistuizing enough to use alone or do you need something else? I cant stand my red irritated face after i wash...very interesting web site...thanks

Update: After taking Guggul again for a week... my face is already almost clear again! So awesome.

Wicky - The hydrosol is not moisturizing.. it is just supposed to help calm your rosacea. It wouldn't hurt to try it out, but don't expect miracles. I also use Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration during the day, which is all natural and doesn't have irritants in it, plus it is good if you have oily skin. It is expensive but you can get a good deal on ebay. "Beauty Naturally Rosacea Moisturizing Cream" is a good moisturizer, but I can only use it at night because it is not great for oily skin, too moisturizing and sticky under make-up, although I'm sure some people would be ok to use it during the day. I think they offer free samples.

I just wanted to say, it's now August 2011 and I am still using Turmeric, Guggul, and a multi-vitamin. I do the occasional turmeric mask (mix turmeric w/coconut oil.. it can stain and it takes a long time to rinse off but I really like it and it is moisturizing). I have also eliminated all animal products from my diet starting January 1st. I am still using Beauty Naturally moisturizer at night and Boscia moisturizer during the day. I wash my face & body with Dudu-Osun African Black Soap. I still do get some small zits sometimes but the bad acne and cysts are a thing of the past.

Edited by FigNewton