Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunshinedustxoxo

I'm so proud of myself! :D

So a couple days ago, I had a whitehead slowly forming on my cheek (freaked out cuz I haven't had one in a while) and yesturday I was determined to go to a store, pick up BP and smear it all over my face to keep more from coming and get that one to go down.

I went to the store to pick out one, looking for one with less BP like 2% and one with less harsh ingredients. I soon learned that there is no such thing as getting a cream with BP without harsh ingredients like alcohol, fragrance, and other chemicals. So I started looking at "natural" spot treatments like Burts Bees. The main ingredient to fight acne was tea tree oil but it had a veryy small amount in the formula. I use real (100%) tea tree oil now mixed with my jojoba oil. I figured if this is all they have to spot treat then im better off with what I already have.

So bascially I went there all crazy looking for something harsh to ruin my progress and instead I walked out buying some eye make-up!!! :D I'm so happy with myself lol

I had a similar issue back in January when I first switched my diet. I was so paranoid that I'd break out from altering my habits that I kept a big bottle of Benzoyl Peroxide around - "just in case"

On the few occasions that I have done personal experiments or mildly cheated (which was pretty rare) I was always tempted to use it. I ended up tossing it out one day after too much temptation to use the stuff, only remembering that it tended to cause my skin to scar more and made the red marks last ten times longer.

It's good not to rely on that stuff, isn't it?

Though I can't say buying eye makeup would make me feel much better. I don't do makeup. I'm lazy when it comes to that stuff and I hate the way it feels.

Before I started my natural regimin, or rather my experimenting, I bought a bottle of 10% BP. I still have it and I am also thinking about throwing it out because it is too tempting! That's why I went to buy a less harsh one but even a lower percentage does the same thing (prevent it from healing and dry the hell out of my skin). I bought the eye make-up because i wanted some for while but it was also another thing to distract me from how bad I thought my skin looked. Instead of thinking negatively, I thought hey this is pretty and it will make me look cute. I've actually made a lot of progress and my skin is NOTHING like it was before. I just have to keep reminding myself whenever I grow impatient.

Has anyone found any other successful anti-bacterial stuff? I'm using tea trea oil now.

yeah I've been using raw honey as a mask/wash daily and even though it makes my skin feel and look great, I'm wondering if it's clogging my pores. I can't prove that it's the honey that does it but every once in a while I break out (I mean who doesn't but I'm trying to find a constant regimen). I stopped using it to see if it made a difference and while my skin appears to be breaking out a little less, it doesn't look at good (glowing) and may scars seem more visable. So tomorrow I might switch back to honey again. Maybe I shouldn't leave it on my skin too long? And I've heard of people mixing it with different things like apples, cinnamin, nutmeg. I just need to find something consistent!!!! :doubt: lol

Raw honey broke me out topically.

If you can clean your diet up enough, you shouldn't need an anti-bacterial agent. I use just a simple bar of Dove Sensitive Skin soap when I shower. The only topical I use is Alpha Hydrox cream for wrinkle prevention (but I started doing that well after my skin was clear)

I have been eating a veryy strict healthy diet for years now. While it helps a lot, it is not enough to keep my skin from breaking out. I have recently however cut out the amount of dairy I consume. I don't know if it's really helping though.

For me raw honey and cinnamin don't do anything crazy like that lol but water doesn't always seem to get it all off. When I apply the oils on with a cotton ball, I get a little honey residue on it.