Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ali1992

Dont take this....

Okay so I have really bad acne on my cheeks and on my chin which has become worse over the years and i have tried everything, and i mean everyting to cure it, docs appointments, store products, nothing has worked!

I went to my docs, and he suggessed that I should take a 3 month course of Dianette, and my acne will heal amazingly! I thought this would be fantastic, however when i saw the doctor i wanted to be transfered to the hospital, but he told me to try this first.

So, i took the dianette for a month, no change, if anything my acne got lumpy however much smoother, but to be honest no difference. The next month my acne started to fade SLIGHTLY, however still extremely noticable, i am now in my 3rd month, and they have just got worse and more lumpy than ever, as well as this more little lumps appear all the time.

I am now going to the hospital to see the derm to start a course of roaccutane/accutane, and i believe after reading many stories this will work.

I advise anyone, that if their doctor tells them they should go on this pill not too, i suggest they tell their doctor to refer them to the hospital to see the derm, i honestly believed dianette was a waste of time.

I can relate to trying the "miracle pill" and not having it work for me. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen and for me personally, it was a nightmare. But I wouldn't tell people to stay away just because it didn't work for me. Maybe you could just try another birth control pill? Or spiro?

Edited by BeadyB

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Some people will not see a change in acne while on the pill for over 3 months, and up to that point it's a SLOW progression. If your acne isn't hormonal, then there is a good chance that the pill will not help in any way, regardless of the brand.

Are you saying that any product (oral or topical) that you try out in order to help with acne is "a waste of time" simply if it ended up not working for you? There is NO way to tell whether something will work, so in essence ALL treatments can be a waste of time, INCLUDING ACCUTANE, which is made apparent by the people who are on their 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc course.

So, I don't think it's fair to say that choosing to try BCP is a waste of time, because it's a route that CAN help some women.

I'm not saying that dianette is a waste of time for everyone, i said that it was a waste of time for me. I believe that the acne that I have needed a much stronger tablet, which is obviously the accutane, and having seen a previous doctor to my last one, he agreed that I shouldnt have been put on that type of pill as it wasn't strong enough. Thats all i was saying...

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Some people will not see a change in acne while on the pill for over 3 months, and up to that point it's a SLOW progression. If your acne isn't hormonal, then there is a good chance that the pill will not help in any way, regardless of the brand.

Are you saying that any product (oral or topical) that you try out in order to help with acne is "a waste of time" simply if it ended up not working for you? There is NO way to tell whether something will work, so in essence ALL treatments can be a waste of time, INCLUDING ACCUTANE, which is made apparent by the people who are on their 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc course.

So, I don't think it's fair to say that choosing to try BCP is a waste of time, because it's a route that CAN help some women.

I'm not saying that dianette is a waste of time for everyone, i said that it was a waste of time for me. I believe that the acne that I have needed a much stronger tablet, which is obviously the accutane, and having seen a previous doctor to my last one, he agreed that I shouldnt have been put on that type of pill as it wasn't strong enough. Thats all i was saying...

But your title says "Don't take this" which would mean you are advising others to not take it which would imply it's a waste for everyone.... explain? lol.

Then why don't you go on another type of BCP that is more suited toward acne?

Yeah i guess I should have kind of re-phrased that, and because the bcp that I was on was specially designed for people with acne according to my doctor, so when i visited again with complaints from it, he just said i needed to go and see the derm and put me in for an emergency appointment so there was no point in wasting more time on birth control pills

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

To be honest I'm suprised your doctor only put you on a 3 month course. Dianette takes a lot longer for most to be effective. I've been taking Dianette on and off for years........ I usually see results between 4-6 months. Lost count how many times I've been through this, but currently on another go. 2 months in and suffering badly with IB, that is also be expected, so I'm not suprised your skin was getting worse.

It's not nice waiting so long for something to work when you so desperately want a miracle cure, but thats the unfortunate thing about acne, nothing will work overnight.

I'm not sure how bad your acne is, but I think you probably should have given Dianette a little longer before deciding it was a waste of time. I hope Accutane works well for you.

Edited by JustMe1985

Thankyou to both of you guys for wishing me luck on accutane i appriciate it alot !

To be honest, this dianette pill would have took forever with the acne that I have, 3 months is almost up and literally no change, personally i think it would suit people who's acne isn't as bad a s mine. I am scared to go on accutane, but i just seriously hope i dont get too many side effects. Thanks again guys.

Thankyou to both of you guys for wishing me luck on accutane i appriciate it alot !

To be honest, this dianette pill would have took forever with the acne that I have, 3 months is almost up and literally no change, personally i think it would suit people who's acne isn't as bad a s mine. I am scared to go on accutane, but i just seriously hope i dont get too many side effects. Thanks again guys.

hey ali.. i am currently on Dianette and i am around your age ( 17).. prior to dianette i was on antibiotics such as tetracycline, bactrim, minocycline, clindamycin as well as many topicals such as tazorac, stievamycin, cllindoxyl, etc.

although my acne is not servere it is still pretty bad and has gotten a bit worse if not the same on dianette.

i've been on dianette for almost 4 months now and i have been to 3 different derms in hopes of getting accutane howevver none of them want to give it because my acne is not severe..

i agree about the lumps thing. my main problem is on my cheeks i get these clumpy, clusters of little whiteheads that look HOORRRIBLEEE. worse than red giant pimples because theres SOO many of them and they look yellow and dried out and really gross seriously.

are you planning on staying on dianette or ...getting accutane?

hey ali.. i am currently on Dianette and i am around your age ( 17).. prior to dianette i was on antibiotics such as tetracycline, bactrim, minocycline, clindamycin as well as many topicals such as tazorac, stievamycin, cllindoxyl, etc.

although my acne is not servere it is still pretty bad and has gotten a bit worse if not the same on dianette.

i've been on dianette for almost 4 months now and i have been to 3 different derms in hopes of getting accutane howevver none of them want to give it because my acne is not severe..

i agree about the lumps thing. my main problem is on my cheeks i get these clumpy, clusters of little whiteheads that look HOORRRIBLEEE. worse than red giant pimples because theres SOO many of them and they look yellow and dried out and really gross seriously.

are you planning on staying on dianette or ...getting accutane?

Hey there! well i have had acne for a while now, i have had pills creams gels everything and nothing helps :( so yeah i went to the doctor and he said this dianette would be amazing, but i obviously am seeing no 'amazing improvements'. So i wasn't happy and I went back to a different doctor, and he said that you need to definitely go to the hospital and go to the derm, so HOPEFULLY he will put me on accutane, i really do not want to stay on this dianette, i just don't believe its strong enough to get rid of my acne.

If i were you i would go back to your derm and just explain your situation again and again. I hope you have the chance to get on it, (also i hope i do).

Okay so I have really bad acne on my cheeks and on my chin which has become worse over the years and i have tried everything, and i mean everyting to cure it, docs appointments, store products, nothing has worked!

I went to my docs, and he suggessed that I should take a 3 month course of Dianette, and my acne will heal amazingly! I thought this would be fantastic, however when i saw the doctor i wanted to be transfered to the hospital, but he told me to try this first.

So, i took the dianette for a month, no change, if anything my acne got lumpy however much smoother, but to be honest no difference. The next month my acne started to fade SLIGHTLY, however still extremely noticable, i am now in my 3rd month, and they have just got worse and more lumpy than ever, as well as this more little lumps appear all the time.

I am now going to the hospital to see the derm to start a course of roaccutane/accutane, and i believe after reading many stories this will work.

I advise anyone, that if their doctor tells them they should go on this pill not too, i suggest they tell their doctor to refer them to the hospital to see the derm, i honestly believed dianette was a waste of time.

It's incredibly foolish to say that anyone should not take Dianette(or Diane) all because of what you experienced. I was on Diane for close to seven years and I had absolutely no problems with it and my acne was nasty! It was not only clustered all over my face but on my back, shoulders and sometimes, my neck and chest! I'd still be taking Diane if the price of the pills didn't skyrocket.

Yasmin, however was a nasty pill for me but I would not go around saying that no one should take Yasmin all because of the migraines I ended up getting from it. Just because it didn't work for me it doesn't mean that all women will be the same. Many women love Yasmin as well as Diane.

My guess is that you never got your hormone levels tested. Birth control pills like Diane and Yasmin(or Yaz) are made more for women who suffer from hormonal imbalances because those pills contain androgen blockers. There are a lot of women who do not have hormonal imbalances who try these pills only to find out it doesn't work for them so instead of trying a different pill, they trash these ones because it didn't work for them.

Also, Accutane is by far worse then any birth control pill out there! Just look up some of the side effects of Accutane to see how strong of a drug it is. Another thing to take into consideration when it comes to Accutane is that it's not a "miracle drug" that keeps on working forever. Some people stay acne free for a few months only for it to come back with a vengeance and for those who suffer from cysts, all too often I've heard of stories where they have to go back onto Accutane every six years or so because the cysts came back after that amount of time.

When it comes to acne medication of any kind, all you can do is try it and keep your fingers crossed that it will work for you. If one medication keeps you acne free for several months or years but ends up coming back then you have to get back out there and look for something different to try.

Edited by CalypsoStorm

Indeed, it was rather foolish for me to state that people shouldn't take Dianette, I guess the reason why I put that was due to the fact I strongly hoped it would work to clear my acne, so i guess it was wrote in fury, if you look at my previous posts I have stated that I thought dianette was a waste of time for me and not for others.

Having said that, I have researched Accutane for numerous weeks , as I have a derm appointment at the hospital next week, yes I am aware of the consiquences, and I'm also aware that it may be unsuccessful, however everyone is different and there is countless stories that accutane has been a miracle for some people, as well as negative stories, so I can only hope it works.

How did you feel on Dianette ?

i'm on dianette right now for almost 4 months and i have to say that i cry over the LITTLEST things. i always had anger management and severe mood swings as a kid but on diannette, i've had SO many fights with family and friends its not even funny.

i can't blame it all on the diannette . it's my acne. i always feel like shit and have really low self confidence and it just drives me crazy and therefore i take it out on others :/

diannette is making my acne worse. i even take it every month and don't take a seven day break. i haven't had my period in two months :) thats the only benefit of dianette for me

btw did you get the accutane :D

I know it hasnt made mine any better, I also get angry about it too :/

Not yet, my appointment for the derm is on wednesday ! :rolleyes:

Are you asking me that question? Whether you are or not, I'll answer it anyway. :D

I felt great on the Diane. I did get the odd bit of bloating but it wasn't noticeable to others, only to me and a more exercise quickly got rid of it. I did still get the odd headache when my period was near but it was nothing like the migraines I get now. One or two tiny pimples within a few months was considered a lot when I was on those pills.

Do you mind me asking how your acne is? Is it acne as in the pimples that most people get or do you have cysts? If you have cysts then I can understand why the Diane didn't work for you. Most of the time, when people have cystic acne the only thing that will get rid of it is Accutane.

I hope the Accutane works out for you! I'm glad that you are seeing a dermatologist for this and not a GP. A Derm will know how to monitor you more carefully then a GP.

Are you asking me that question? Whether you are or not, I'll answer it anyway. :D

I felt great on the Diane. I did get the odd bit of bloating but it wasn't noticeable to others, only to me and a more exercise quickly got rid of it. I did still get the odd headache when my period was near but it was nothing like the migraines I get now. One or two tiny pimples within a few months was considered a lot when I was on those pills.

Do you mind me asking how your acne is? Is it acne as in the pimples that most people get or do you have cysts? If you have cysts then I can understand why the Diane didn't work for you. Most of the time, when people have cystic acne the only thing that will get rid of it is Accutane.

I hope the Accutane works out for you! I'm glad that you are seeing a dermatologist for this and not a GP. A Derm will know how to monitor you more carefully then a GP.

My acne is very very red, and yes i do have cysts, i need to take Roaccutane with dianette AND an antibiotic for acne, so it proved that dianette wasnt strong enough for the acne that I had. He gave me alot of information, and 4 tablets a day is alot! but hopefully this is got to clear my acne! As well as having laser surgery for scars and roaccutane.