Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so, Ive had mild acne since i was about 13/14 now i'm almost 18 and my acne is so bad! when i wear my makeup over my acne there is huge lumps, and when i take my makeup off my acne is extremely red covering both sides of my cheek and my chin! I have tried creams gels tablets everything!!!! and nothing has worked, i am currently on a birth control pill (which i have been on for 3 months) and that was supposed to be great according to my doc, but has it worked for me NO! :( So anyways, in 2 weeks im going to the hospital to hopefully get put on roaccutane/accutane. Im kind of scared, but its my only hope i guess to finally get rid of this embaressing, depressing acne!

Will this clear my acne guys? !!!! :confused:

Accutane (no longer being made under that name I understand) is effective for about 80 to 90 percent of all users. In other words it works in most cases. Side effects vary from none to severe, but if you start experiencing severe side effects you will be taken off the medication.

You really have nothing to fear, It works, I know,

Joe Zit

Okay so, Ive had mild acne since i was about 13/14 now i'm almost 18 and my acne is so bad! when i wear my makeup over my acne there is huge lumps, and when i take my makeup off my acne is extremely red covering both sides of my cheek and my chin! I have tried creams gels tablets everything!!!! and nothing has worked, i am currently on a birth control pill (which i have been on for 3 months) and that was supposed to be great according to my doc, but has it worked for me NO! So anyways, in 2 weeks im going to the hospital to hopefully get put on roaccutane/accutane. Im kind of scared, but its my only hope i guess to finally get rid of this embaressing, depressing acne!

Will this clear my acne guys? !!!! :rolleyes:

Accutane (no longer being made under that name I understand) is effective for about 80 to 90 percent of all users. In other words it works in most cases. Side effects vary from none to severe, but if you start experiencing severe side effects you will be taken off the medication.

You really have nothing to fear, It works, I know,

Joe Zit

Thankyou for replying dude! yeah im sure it will work i hope !

One post/thread is enough. Please do not cross-post the same thing in multiple forums.

Moved to accutane posts. Please do not cross-post the same topic in multiple forums. One is enough. Please read the forum headings and descriptions to get an idea of where best to post topics. Thanks.

Moved to accutane posts. Please do not cross-post the same topic in multiple forums. One is enough. Please read the forum headings and descriptions to get an idea of where best to post topics. Thanks.

Sorry dude! i'm just new to this website!

Okay so, Ive had mild acne since i was about 13/14 now i'm almost 18 and my acne is so bad! when i wear my makeup over my acne there is huge lumps, and when i take my makeup off my acne is extremely red covering both sides of my cheek and my chin! I have tried creams gels tablets everything!!!! and nothing has worked, i am currently on a birth control pill (which i have been on for 3 months) and that was supposed to be great according to my doc, but has it worked for me NO! :( So anyways, in 2 weeks im going to the hospital to hopefully get put on roaccutane/accutane. Im kind of scared, but its my only hope i guess to finally get rid of this embaressing, depressing acne!

Will this clear my acne guys? !!!! :confused:

WOW.. our situation is SOO similiar.. i developed acne at 13/14 and i've also tried all creams and pills and my main problem is that i get lumpy pimples on my cheeks .. especially the apples of my cheeks.. and my cheeks are always red and i never pick my pimples. i really want to know how your accutane mission goess and hope you get it! i know how it feels when you try so many different things and have your hope shattered every time. right now i have hit rock bottom and my acne is ITCHING the crappp out of mee and looks so badd.

keep in touch and tell me how everything goess:) i am trying so hard to get accutane and i have a derm appointment in a month i think and i will tell the new derm about everything i've gone through and what i've tried and i hope he listens instead of prescribing me a higher dosage of antibiotics ( i'm already taking sepra twice a day with dianette) and its not working :(

good luckk :D

WOW.. our situation is SOO similiar.. i developed acne at 13/14 and i've also tried all creams and pills and my main problem is that i get lumpy pimples on my cheeks .. especially the apples of my cheeks.. and my cheeks are always red and i never pick my pimples. i really want to know how your accutane mission goess and hope you get it! i know how it feels when you try so many different things and have your hope shattered every time. right now i have hit rock bottom and my acne is ITCHING the crappp out of mee and looks so badd.

keep in touch and tell me how everything goess:) i am trying so hard to get accutane and i have a derm appointment in a month i think and i will tell the new derm about everything i've gone through and what i've tried and i hope he listens instead of prescribing me a higher dosage of antibiotics ( i'm already taking sepra twice a day with dianette) and its not working :(

You mentioned that your acne is itching which I feel I just have to chime in...you might have some type of fungus folliculitis especially while being on those two medications. I get this sometimes (not currently) and my skin gets itchy especially when it's hot and flaky. I'm not sure if you've already heard of it before but I figured I'd mention it.

You mentioned that your acne is itching which I feel I just have to chime in...you might have some type of fungus folliculitis especially while being on those two medications. I get this sometimes (not currently) and my skin gets itchy especially when it's hot and flaky. I'm not sure if you've already heard of it before but I figured I'd mention it.

you knoww.. i've always wondered if i'd had fungus folliculitis and i think i do because my acne does not look normal and its always itching and flaking.. and it literally LITERALLY looks like toe jam with tiny crusty dried whiteheads all over the apples of my cheeks..

i've been on antibiotics and topical creams and nothing has worked :S thats why i want to go on accutane because that area of my face is oily too when i touch it.. it leaves an oily residue on my finger

thanks for the info :)

you knoww.. i've always wondered if i'd had fungus folliculitis and i think i do because my acne does not look normal and its always itching and flaking.. and it literally LITERALLY looks like toe jam with tiny crusty dried whiteheads all over the apples of my cheeks..

i've been on antibiotics and topical creams and nothing has worked :S thats why i want to go on accutane because that area of my face is oily too when i touch it.. it leaves an oily residue on my finger

thanks for the info :)

I seriously hope that you are able to get on accutane sometime soon, I can't even imagine how frustrated you must feel that they wont let you go on it, i find it ridiculous. I will definitely let you know about my accutane journey when I go on it, i will upload the images and tell you if it worked well for me. Just keep your head held high, and hopefully you will get put on accutane soon i hope!!!!