Eucerin Moisturizer...

Notifications
Clear all

Eucerin Moisturizer Plus Intensive Repair

MemberMember
(@sprintz)

Posted : 11/10/2010 11:15 pm

Hi all. I bought some of this Eucerin plus intensive repair lotion because I'm suffering (aren't we all?) with jawline, neck, and nose-area flaking and overall dryness. I've just started today, and am only putting it on at night as I've heard it's a bit oily.

I'm not really sure if it's for the FACE, though! It doesn't say it isn't... but doesn't say it is either, and reviews on Amazon mostly talk about using it to treat eczema on the body and such.

Has anyone used this product on the face before? I've put it on for the first time tonight and it has eliminated flakes (we'll see if it holds up overnight!), with a slight redness/burning (probably due to the AHA which constitutes the 'Plus'). I'll update tomorrow morning with how it goes, but might be something to try. Until now I'd been alternating between Dan's Moisturizer + Jojoba and his AHA+ once or twice a week.

MemberMember
(@sprintz)

Posted : 11/11/2010 8:46 am

Well, I woke up 30 minutes ago and my flakiness was very light - only on the neck a bit. My skin seems pretty calm, so I'm going to give this a tentative thumbs up!

MemberMember
(@bballboy)

Posted : 11/16/2010 10:56 am

Well, I woke up 30 minutes ago and my flakiness was very light - only on the neck a bit. My skin seems pretty calm, so I'm going to give this a tentative thumbs up!

I usually use Eucerin Plus for my hands in the winter for dry skin, but it's good to know Intensive Repair works on the face too! Sometimes you need the thick lotion to clear up severely dry areas and Plus is great because it contains alpha hydroxy and urea to exfoliate and moisturize at the same time.

I typically use a daily moisturizer to help prevent occasional dry patches, and for that you could try the Eucerin Everyday Protection lotion which is made for the face. Let us know if you try it, I work with Eucerin and it's great to get feedback about our products.

MemberMember
(@omgiitsemma)

Posted : 11/16/2010 1:20 pm

Yes, it is! I thought the same thing when I first got it.

This stuff is great, it saved my skin from the nonstop flakes.

My skin is still dry but not NEARLY as bad.

The only problem, like you said, is it can make your skin greasy.

I always pat my face with a paper towel before going out and i'm fine

MemberMember
(@hellokitty1987)

Posted : 11/18/2010 3:47 am

I started using the Eucerin Plus Intensive Repair lotion because I was having serious flakes. It really helped with the dryness, but I think after a couple weeks of using it it caused a pretty bad break out for me. Can't be sure that it was the Eucerin that caused it, but I have been very consistent with the regimen, just using the Eucerin moisturizer at night. I know some people don't have a problem with it, so keep us updated how it works for you. I know for me it was very, very greasy, but my skin looked nice and bright and smooth in the morning. Now, however, I have a bunch of acne on the right side of my face. I'm going back to the regular regimen with lots of jojoba oil mixed into Dan's new moisturizer at night to help with the dryness. Still on the quest to find what will keep my skin perfectly flake free!

MemberMember
(@ocs)

Posted : 10/20/2013 7:25 pm

I've taken accutane for six months a year ago. Your skin flakes EXTREMELY bad and your my skin felt so tight it hurt to talk. Most lotions aren't hydrating enough to stop it. So my dermatologist recommended eucerin intensive repair lotion to apply only at night on my face and it COMPLETELY fixed the flaking and dryness.The moisturizer that comes in the regimen isn't hydrating enough for my skin and the jojoba oil breaks me out even more. I'm just starting the regimen and the flaking is getting really bad so I think I gonna start using the eucerin lotion again on my face at night.