Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Liquid_Ocelot

Tell us your plans for correcting your scars...

Hey everyone, this thread is for people to share their plans for correcting their scars, whether it's needling, chemical peels or laser surgery. I'll start -

My plan is to do a heavy 1.0mm/1.5mm derma stamp treatment every few months for about 9 months, I will then apply a chemical peel on my entire face (Vi Peel) probably for the last time (i've had about 4 in the past) to even out the complexion. Hopefully at this point my scars should be unnoticeable, if not i'll continue the procedure for another 6 months to a year.

Once i'm satisfied that my scars are pretty much gone, I will use a 0.8mm derma stamp (lightly) to maintain results.

i've done some strong tca peels. my plan is to let my skin rest and in 5 months go for my tca crosses. in about 11 months time im going to get subcision and combine that with vacuuming.

other than that, i have absolutely no skin plans :)

I am 50 years old. I want to start dermarolling. However, I am too afraid to take before and after photos of my scars. Is that stupid of me?

I am 50 years old. I want to start dermarolling. However, I am too afraid to take before and after photos of my scars. Is that stupid of me?

I don't take before and afters either, I just go by memory and instinct. And i'm not the type to delude myself, so it depends on what kind of person you are.

I will try to dermaroll and needle my scars which are all over my face, till I see them plump up and I look sorta normal. Then I will try to do a diamond dermabrasion. Hopefully it will work out.

Why are you afraid?

Guest Timehealsall

how old are most of your guys scars? Is there any hope for a person that has scars (Shallow) that are 3-4 years old?

Im going to do a real medical needling approach (3 mm) for my bodyscars.

The doctor, I have contact to, is working together with Dr. Desmond Fernandes.

So he does understand quite good what to do and what not to do in the case of needling.

He told me, that 1,5mm needling with local anesthesia is not sufficient enough for scars in

general. He and Dr. Desmond are prefering the real treatment with 3mm needles. Here

are some results of his treatments, so that you know, what to expect:

http://www.egms.de/static/de/journals/vmed...med000007.shtml (text with links)

http://www.egms.de/static/en/journals/vmed...996222142.shtml (impressive picture)

This will be my first treatment. I hope that it will change the look of my scars significantly.

I will still go on with other treatment options to get the best possible results. And perhaps

in the not to distant future scars will be a thing of the past.

That's my way.

NEO

Im going to do a real medical needling approach (3 mm) for my bodyscars.

The doctor, I have contact to, is working together with Dr. Desmond Fernandes.

So he does understand quite good what to do and what not to do in the case of needling.

He told me, that 1,5mm needling with local anesthesia is not sufficient enough for scars in

general. He and Dr. Desmond are prefering the real treatment with 3mm needles. Here

are some results of his treatments, so that you know, what to expect:

http://www.egms.de/static/de/journals/vmed...med000007.shtml (text with links)

http://www.egms.de/static/en/journals/vmed...996222142.shtml (impressive picture)

This will be my first treatment. I hope that it will change the look of my scars significantly.

I will still go on with other treatment options to get the best possible results. And perhaps

in the not to distant future scars will be a thing of the past.

That's my way.

NEO

That's impressive, but he had a pretty severe skin condition. And they weren't indents, but raised scars. 1.5mm is enough for most of us.

Edit: oh and do come back and let us know how it went.

Edited by Liquid_Ocelot

i will be getting a 6 treatment fraxel restore by my dermatologist office. i've had the first one done 2 weeks ago and i'm going in for my second on nov 29th. so far my skin is looking alot better than before. i have scarring on both sides of my cheeks. all types of scarring from hypertonic to icepick in a 4 inch sq area on both cheeks.

My plan is time. Mine arent too bad, but theyre definately noticeable. I dont really try to cover them up either. I know i would regret it if i did, because in the long run, i would break out. Hopefully time works :) Good luck with your scars!

At this moment I'm getting the finance done for a combination treatment at Dr. Khan in London. Will be costing around 6000 Euro's, including trip to london and my hotel stay overthere.

The combination treatment will consist of subcision, fraxel repair and re-cell. The same treatment which brought ernestoria great results.

I really can't wait, this will probably my best investment ever.. 6000 euro's is nothing if you realize what you get back from it!

My scars are the same as Ernestoria's btw, but not as extensive....

Guest Chrisâ„¢

My plan is to wait 20-30 more years (ontop of the 8 I've already waited) until they have found something that doesn't promote scamming vulnerable people out of their hard earned money, but instead, something that actually improves severe scars. By that time though, I will probably be dead. O'well, fuck it. Maybe in the next life eh. :) Well, you asked. :cool: Good luck with your search though :wub:

btw- i've spent 15 thousand+ on "treatments" in the last 8 years, so you might understand why I say this. :]

Edited by Chrisâ„¢

My plan is to wait 20-30 more years (ontop of the 8 I've already waited) until they have found something that doesn't promote scamming vulnerable people out of their hard earned money, but instead, something that actually improves severe scars. By that time though, I will probably be dead. O'well, fuck it. Maybe in the next life eh. :) Well, you asked. :cool: Good luck with your search though :wub:

btw- i've spent 15 thousand+ on "treatments" in the last 8 years, so you might understand why I say this. :]

Damn, doesn't sound really motivating.. What treatments have you undergone?

I'm going to go on a 21 day water fast to get rid of my scars, maybe longer.

Wow, well be careful. At least go on a juice diet where you're getting some calories and the vitamin c is also good for your skin. You could die from a 3 week water fast.

my scars are mild to moderate rolling scars on cheeks.

my plans at plastic surgeon that specializes in acne scar.

1. Subcision with 24k nokor needle

2. co2 laser that just targets the acne scars (Graduated co2 laser acne scar treatment)

3. 6 weeks later, subcision again and top it off with fillers (if 1. and 2. isnt enough)

Guest Timehealsall

chee i thought you had boxcar and icepick scars as well??

I'm going to go on a 21 day water fast to get rid of my scars, maybe longer.

Wow, well be careful. At least go on a juice diet where you're getting some calories and the vitamin c is also good for your skin. You could die from a 3 week water fast.

There has been no documented evidence of ANYONE dyeing from not eating for 3 weeks. Your body would eat up all the protein in your scars before it will ever cannobalize your organs.

Today is day 2.