Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dukey11

too many pustules?.. need some advice

I'm 2 weeks into dan's regimen.. using his products

I started to breakout cysts on my jawline about month and half ago, and now it's breaking on my cheeks as well.

Since started using dan's products, the cysts on my jawline are mostly gone or been shrinking,

but I've noticed that I'm getting a lot of these pustules almost everyday. A new red bump would turn into white zit in almost a day which is way faster than before. I try not to pop them and let it fall off by itself in couple of days, but they do leave me these red spots..

I've never had this bad acne in my life and wondering if BP is causing this.. and if it's a good thing or not.

I've been to derm and he gave me a tazorac 0.05 cream with solodyn, but after seeing not too good reviews, I've decided to go with BP since I've used proactive years ago and had some success.

Maybe my acne is too severe and I should be using Tazorac instead?..

I don't know I'm just depressed : 0

p.s : sorry for nasty pics if anyone's eating.. lol

post-139254-1289431696_thumb.jpg

post-139254-1289431726_thumb.jpg

post-139254-1289431696_thumb.jpg

post-139254-1289431726_thumb.jpg

Edited by dukey11

If you have really oily skin, then dan's regimen is for you. Honestly nothing beats the regimen for oil control. I would recommend you keep using the regimen for a few more weeks and see if you still notice improvement. You said that your cysts are drying up, which is great. You do have a lot of pustules right now, but from what I can see they are all coming to a head, which is very healthy and means that the acne is not deep and should clear soon. DONT pick them, you will be left with at the very least bad hyper pigmentation if you do. I know its tempting but try to keep yourself from doing it. If I were you I would stick to the regimen.

"The Regimen" is a joke seriously. it may work for mild acne but when you have big pustules and cysts you need to see a dermatologist and follow his advice.

hm I don't know

I'm debating if I should start taking solodyn with the regimen..

and while I have a lot of these pustules, when they do pop whether because I pick em or they just fall out, I don't feel that "popping" when you normally pop a pimple, it just feels like I'm squeezing the white zit out. Don't know if that's a good sign or not..

No way man definitely stay on the regimen!! The fact that your acne is appearing fasting and going away faster is a very good sign, you are definitely purging. Stick with it for at least 2 months, which in the big scheme of things is nothing, and you will be happy u stuck with it....as for the red marks, that will happen when using BP. Eventually the acne will stop forming and the marks will go away (you can use AHA in the future to speed this up). and to Mario35... STFU. The regimen works wonderfully for moderate to severe acne. Browse these boards a little bit before you shit talk the regimen.

Dukey, i hate acne as much as the next person, and i would never give advice if i didn't think it would really help somebody...stay on the regimen longer

Also, I don't know how much research you have done on supplements, but i would start taking Zinc monothinine (30 mg twice a day for a few weeks, then just 30 a day), fish oil (like 2000 mg a day or more), vit C, vit D (1000-2000 IU). That plus the regimen i feel like you'll be a regimen praiser in a few weeks (or months)

Edited by Maximus0

Guest Timehealsall

hey maximus, do you know if zinc picolinate would also be suffice to take instead of the zinc you listed?

Regrading the OP, i hope you find something that clears you mate. Maybe try antibiotics + the regimen??

hey maximus, do you know if zinc picolinate would also be suffice to take instead of the zinc you listed?

Regrading the OP, i hope you find something that clears you mate. Maybe try antibiotics + the regimen??

I'm sure it's better than nothing, but again, i would go with zinc monomethionine (aka optizinc). iv found that is the best for acne (reading lots of posts, going to an esthetician, doing some research). I think i remember hearing that zinc gluconate is also pretty good.

Guest Timehealsall

did you experience an intiial breakout with that zinc?