Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello,

im 22(almost 23, in march and im a male) and live outside the us.

since i was 13+- i started having acne, including in the back which affected my self esteem very much and made my highschool a pretty bad and lonely experience.

through the years i manage to do 3 accutane sessions, every time the acne came back and also a few antibiotic and even dans regime for some time.

my bacne actually had me not removing my shirt and because of that my experiences with the other kind is very little.

im also pretty thin and when i was 17.5 i started weightlifting to increase my weight and self esteem but unfortunately not very latr after i started having pains which become full body pains and are still there-fibromyalgia is the name.

im an only child to manic-depression and very anxious mother and through the years we fought daily which im sure is one of the main reasons for all my illneses(fibro, acne, very grinded teeths(?) etc) because stress can cause alot.....unfortunately i was having a very hard time leaving home as it was and is prettyhard for me to work daily and also i find it very unconvenient to be around people.

i have many pains including in the face and because of my acne/oily skin im having pretty uncomfortable feeling of sweat/oilly feeling while outside.

if its not enough ( (: ) i have adhd, which i dont care if i do or dont and only diagnosed lately and dont care if its "real" the thing is that even before i know why, i was having many many many problems persist in anything, even things that could have made me left home easily(like learn how to build websites and work in that). so although im in a very bad situation and still fight with my mother daily, i cant find the strength/motivation to get out, im avoiding contact with friends and meeting woman because low self esteem/bacne etc and actually in a dead end.

i dont have any help from other family members, even when dealing with my mother so im own my own what to do now neither have strength or belief i can change anything.

i tried to interest in buddhism and deal with pain with ease but i faced the persisting problem there also like in many other areas.

i started to get some social security money for my fibro and work 2 times a week(living hell because of my pains and the job itself, but whenever i try to learn something to work in a better job-bymyself i face difficulties). i did try rittalin and other medications and couldnt really deal with the side effects added to the pains.

if and when i have the option i would like to get as far as i can from my mother(become very alienated with her....) but not sure how and where to do it.

i believe that all my problems started because of the acne which is still there and this is why i write it here......

im not sure if any of you will read it whole but if you did thank you.

unfortunatelly i dont belief i can change much/be happy ***moderator edit***

ill appreciate any response,

talper.

Hi there, Talper! I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles in your life. I definitely know how you feel, especially with the acne + fibro pain (I'm having a lot of pains and it's debilitating as well as the acne). I know life is very hard as it is, but giving up isn't going to get you out of the rut, you know?

You have not seen a therapist for your issues? Acne is a psychological, emotionally disturbing and debilitating disease to have. It affects the self-esteem in a bad way, however, you CAN overcome it, if you are persistent, which you mentioned is your problem. This may be due to your ADHD, and lack of support system (lack of friends, family etc who are emotionally there for you). Have you tried different drugs to help stabilize your ADHD?

Stress can definitely produce more acne from the high Cortisol levels.

from eHow.com: "During chronic stress, cortisol levels remain elevated for long periods of time in the body. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands to release androgens. Androgens are male hormones that in turn increase sebum production, and encourage the development of acne."

Plan out what steps you need to take in order to get onto the path to wellness. If you want better things to come, you must pave that path.

No matter if you go away from your mother. It will not solve the underlying problem. You must address your issues, once they are fixed, you can move on better, and disassociate yourself from her, but under more stable conditions.

Btw what have you tried for your acne condition?

Hi there, Talper! I'm sorry to hear about all the troubles in your life. I definitely know how you feel, especially with the acne + fibro pain (I'm having a lot of pains and it's debilitating as well as the acne). I know life is very hard as it is, but giving up isn't going to get you out of the rut, you know?

You have not seen a therapist for your issues? Acne is a psychological, emotionally disturbing and debilitating disease to have. It affects the self-esteem in a bad way, however, you CAN overcome it, if you are persistent, which you mentioned is your problem. This may be due to your ADHD, and lack of support system (lack of friends, family etc who are emotionally there for you). Have you tried different drugs to help stabilize your ADHD?

Stress can definitely produce more acne from the high Cortisol levels.

from eHow.com: "During chronic stress, cortisol levels remain elevated for long periods of time in the body. Cortisol is a steroid hormone that stimulates the adrenal glands to release androgens. Androgens are male hormones that in turn increase sebum production, and encourage the development of acne."

Plan out what steps you need to take in order to get onto the path to wellness. If you want better things to come, you must pave that path.

No matter if you go away from your mother. It will not solve the underlying problem. You must address your issues, once they are fixed, you can move on better, and disassociate yourself from her, but under more stable conditions.

Btw what have you tried for your acne condition?

i tried accutane 3 times(a few months each), antibiotic a few times, creams, zinc, head and shoulders and such...

Have you tried natural methods? Detoxing helps some people ( I have not tried yet, ) Also balancing hormones, diet, etc...Antibiotic can be bad long-term, because the affect it has on the gut. It reduces the good bacteria greatly, thus leaving you susceptible to systematic yeast infection which is linked to acne also.. In order to treat your disease, you must know the cause first. Try to find the cause of your acne, then work on treatments. I know it is hard, but you must preserve! Good luck.