Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

raised spot but not pimple?

does anyone know what small pimple like bumps are that is a little bit discolored and go down and flat within a matter of 6 hours or so after applying moisturizer? It seems like from to time to time i would get a bump and I think it would be a pimple, but then it just disappears after a few hours? Looks just like a beginning of a pimple though. Sometimes its a larger area? It doesn't itch or anything and usually appears in areas of thicker skin, like skin between nose and eyes on the cheeks. It is soft and not hard. feels just like regular skin but slightly raised. Could it be due to using cold water and cold weather? The area is usually dry and I do apply moisturizer... could it be that I just need to exfoliate more?

Edited by mboona

where is it? usually I get those kinda things on my forehead and they are usually ingrown hairs (i just discovered this) not too long ago.

only on my cheeks... they can be pretty big and red, but will go away or flatten down and go back to normal after a few hours or over night. usually appears after washing just within seconds. could it be skin dryness- thus causing bumps and redness?

Could it be sun irritation? I whore a hat most of the day today, but i did get a few minutes of sunlight while driving. I'm currently taking doxycycline as well... maybe some irritation? I have light brown skin though..

Edited by mboona

If you're a guy, I've noticed those issues when I don't shave regularly. Otherwise, I have no idea. :D

i dont need to shave around that area... i think it might be sun irrtation? It's different than a zit because its more of a patch and the whole area is redish and bumpy. The skin is slightly raised but feels very bumpy.. not hard like a zit. unlike a zit it just appears suddenly... like instantly. i just applied more moisturizer with sunscreen (zinc) and it calmed down a little bit. hopefully it wont develop into a big zit... cuz the patch is over an inch big in diameter.