Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cassie88

going out with a big scab on my face yay

Well in an hour or so i'm going out with friends to a fancy restaurant then we're off to see a film, and I'M DREADING IT!!!

Yesterday i had a massive cyst on my cheek, nad you guessed it i picked the bastard. now i have a big ooozing scab on my cheek. nothing is going to make this thing subside in an hour and i just want to curl up in bed, sleep and just never wake up. To top it off i got classes tomorrow ALL day which means facing people ahhhhhh

I don't know why i did it; i've managed not to pick for months. I want to cry. All my friends have perfect skin. I wouldn't mind but why on the CHEEK!!! and it looks so disgusting..

urgh rant over. i know i'm not the only one with this problem but i feel so lonely right now. this thing is going to make me look like an antisocial because i'll be avoiding conversation and eye contact...

I've been trying not to pick lately too and did well for about 2 weeks, but today I gave in and popped one on the middle of my cheek because it was driving me crazy every time I looked in the mirror. I hate when I pop them and get scabs, but I also hate walking around with a pimple that's come to a head and looks like it's just waiting to explode.

Story. Of. My. Life. Sorry to hear the bad news. I've been battling on on the side of my chin this week as well. Skipped class on tuesday so I wouldn't have to avoid confrontation and eye contact. Know EXACTLY how you feel.

I've been there. The worst is when you KNOW someone is looking at it. The best advice I have is to call out the first person to do that, and try to crack a joke about it to lighten the mood. It can at least make the evening more relaxed within your social group.

Also, for emergency flare-ups, I've always been a fan of the crushed aspirin + honey method. Let it sit for a while, then after 15 or 20 minutes rub it off, using the particles to exfoliate your skin a bit. Really seems to get inflammation under control for me.

Thanks guys for the replies it really helps to let it out now and again

urgh been such a busy two days, fortunetely got weekend to hide and try and heal this thing asap.

And yeah it was impossible to hide the thing on my face that night, i ended up saying i got bitten and accidently picked it, but thanks for the advice, hopefully i won't have to use it if i can leave my face alone lol!

i was going to use aspirin taht night but the scab was so weepy and sore, it hurt to apply it so been doing a death by vaseline approach.

Thanks again for taking time to read rant it means a lot!

Arghhhhh huge scab on my cheek that is pulsating and red without makeup, and crusty and flaky and very obvious with makeup. If you pick it off, you get a bigger scab.

I just try to tell myself this is just for one night and after this it will HEAL ITSELF. It's not worth the brief moment of pleasure you feel when you rip skin off your face.