Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HalfChineseGuy

Taking the Red Pill - Accutane log with Pics

At first i thought keeping a log was pointless but after viewing logs i realized its an important part of healing, registering progress, and helping everyone else with the same issues.

So here's my log

Brief History:

Very Mild acne easily kept completely controlled with minocycline from age 15 - 18

Virtually no body acne

Age 18 began and succeeded with Retin-A but stopped using

Age 19 mild acne returns and controlled with doxycycline

Age 20 (week before 20th bday) Extreme breakout of cheeks with breakouts in chin area, had developed full blown acne. This is just speculating but the breakouts came in conjunction with being kicked out of the house during parents divorce :(

Since then (3 months have passed since eruption) tried -

Minocycline 100mg x2 daily since beginning of breakouts

Proactiv for 2 weeks

Then onto retin A - eperienced horid breakout and still recovering left with many PIH and still breaking out

GOING TO START ACCUTANE

in 2-5 days depending on how long my doctor takes to begin (apt on friday might have to wait over wknd) hopefully 5 month cycle on 60-80mg but I will clarify that after my friday apt

Going to stay Physically active:

3 days lifting

2 days cardio

2 days rest

+

vitamins and healthy diet

Anyways, going to keep a photo log for personal reference as well and also to help others as their logs have helped me decide accutane was necessary.

PICTURES

posted below

Will be updating at minimum every week

Wish me luck

Edited by HalfChineseGuy

Hey! Good luck with your course. I just started 2 weeks ago and I'm also 1/2 Chinese like you ;) Retin A didn't work for me either... :|

Hey! Good luck with your course. I just started 2 weeks ago and I'm also 1/2 Chinese like you ;) Retin A didn't work for me either... :|

Thanks! much appreciated, appointment is in 2 days can't wait!

the waiting is killing me since retin A has made everything so much worse :(

How is your skin looking after 2 weeks on accutane?!?!?!

Edited by HalfChineseGuy

Hey, your such a cutie :) I'm on my 2nd week of amnesteem 40mg once a day. Ah, wish me luck! :) if you have any questions just ask me. when do you start accutane?

Haha thanks ;) i hope its goin well so far

I'm starting in 2 days! pretty excited, how quickly did you start seeing improvement after starting?

Edited by HalfChineseGuy

Haha thanks ;) i hope its goin well so far

I'm starting in 2 days! pretty excited, how quickly did you start seeing improvement after starting?

I haven't really seen any improvement yet. My face is mainly red on my cheeks and kinda dry. I have a blog, I'm on day 17 now I think. so where are you from? I live in Utah...

hmmm....I'm pretty sure I'm going through my initial breakout right now, but trying to remain optimistic! ;)

hope you're doing well so far!