Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michellica

That's it, I've had it!

My skin looks worse now at the age of 23 than it did when I was in high school. My doctor made me get off Yaz almost 6 months ago and my skin is freaking out! For the first time in my life I have acne all over my chest, back, shoulders, neck, and even behind my ears. I mean I knew my face would breakout but not my body too. Unfortunately, the skin on my body is dry (unlike my oily face) and can't handle any acne treatments at all. I tried using different things on it and now it's like I have contact dermatitis or something. I've been using RAM on my face for almost 4 months now and it's worse than ever. I'm so sick of this! I didn't want to have to go back on BC but I'm so worried I'm going to start getting cysts and will scar from this. :'( A little less than 4 months ago my skin was clear with mild breakouts near my period. Evil BC, I guess I'll have to take you once again.

Anyone else go through anything like this? I'm in tears and really need advice or support. TY.

Edited by Michellica

When I stopped my BC my face started w/ one lump 5 months later and then one each month thereafter.... It started getting worse 2-3 months ago. During this time, yes, my back did end up getting more acne on it than I've ever seen my entire life, but that went away just as quick as it started...Thank God! I still get the occasional tiny ones on my back...and right now, I have a nice lump behind my left ear. (on my ear)

Anywho......I've been on spiro for going on a month now and *fingers crossed* as of today, it appears all my 20 active pimples are starting to dry out and go away......I had a TERRIBLE initial breakout w/in this month and I'm hoping that was it......

If you believe your acne is hormonal, you might want to check into this instead of going back on BC. I don't want to go back on BC since I'm now 36 and my age is the reason I stopped taking it in the first place. So spiro is my hope......BC is next if this doesn't work and then the dreaded Accutane for a 3rd time in my life...but that's a VERY VERY last resort!!!!

I'm also using light therapy and although I've only used it for 7 days now, I have a feeling it's helping w/ healing my active acne and has stopped a couple lumps from getting as big as they normally would!

Good luck to you! Acne IS the devil.......it's our hormones really.....we just have crappy hormones! :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for your quick response! I can't tell you how much it means to me. I have no one to talk to because my family/friends are sick of hearing about it and I don't have an appointment with my derm until the 17th. So it's great to talk to someone who understands.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it's so depressing/anxiety causing. I'm hoping Spiro works for you and I am going to ask my derm about it when I see her. Does everything have an IB? After 4 months I haven't even finished the IB from RAM, so frustrating!

I hate acne! It's ruined about half of my life and it seems like nothing is ever a permanent fix. No one in my fam has had acne beyond their mid 20s and I feel like maybe I screwed myself over by taking synthetic hormones for 4 years. What's your family history with acne? And I know I should go to the gyno and see if it is all hormonal (maybe PCOS) but I can't wait much longer! Especially with the holidays coming up :(.

When I stopped my BC my face started w/ one lump 5 months later and then one each month thereafter.... It started getting worse 2-3 months ago. During this time, yes, my back did end up getting more acne on it than I've ever seen my entire life, but that went away just as quick as it started...Thank God! I still get the occasional tiny ones on my back...and right now, I have a nice lump behind my left ear. (on my ear)

Anywho......I've been on spiro for going on a month now and *fingers crossed* as of today, it appears all my 20 active pimples are starting to dry out and go away......I had a TERRIBLE initial breakout w/in this month and I'm hoping that was it......

If you believe your acne is hormonal, you might want to check into this instead of going back on BC. I don't want to go back on BC since I'm now 36 and my age is the reason I stopped taking it in the first place. So spiro is my hope......BC is next if this doesn't work and then the dreaded Accutane for a 3rd time in my life...but that's a VERY VERY last resort!!!!

I'm also using light therapy and although I've only used it for 7 days now, I have a feeling it's helping w/ healing my active acne and has stopped a couple lumps from getting as big as they normally would!

Good luck to you! Acne IS the devil.......it's our hormones really.....we just have crappy hormones! :rolleyes:

Edited by Michellica

Thanks so much for your quick response! I can't tell you how much it means to me. I have no one to talk to because my family/friends are sick of hearing about it and I don't have an appointment with my derm until the 17th. So it's great to talk to someone who understands.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it's so depressing/anxiety causing. I'm hoping Spiro works for you and I am going to ask my derm about it when I see her. Does everything have an IB? After 4 months I haven't even finished the IB from RAM, so frustrating!

I hate acne! It's ruined about half of my life and it seems like nothing is ever a permanent fix. No one in my fam has had acne beyond their mid 20s and I feel like maybe I screwed myself over by taking synthetic hormones for 4 years. What's your family history with acne? And I know I should go to the gyno and see if it is all hormonal (maybe PCOS) but I can't wait much longer! Especially with the holidays coming up :(.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this as well. And I understand the need to discuss this w/ people who understand. I was on the board this past weekend and my boyfriend told me that my obsession over this is stressing HIM out! HAHA.... He says it doesn't bother HIM...and I suppose that means it in turn should not bother me (in his eyes anyway) :rolleyes: but until someone actually goes through it, they won't ever understand. Luckily though, he is awesome and still tells me I'm beautiful even w/o makeup on. We've been together for a lil over 2 years and I had clear skin majority of this relationship....so, this is new to him. Unfortunately, not to me....but then again, I am fortunate that I've been here done this to now conclude more than likely this is hormonal.

I'm not sure where I got this from...because nobody in my family (even extended that I know of) is going through this or has gone through it. So, I was the lucky loser in the homornal pool/gene pool I suppose.

The downside to seeing if it's hormonal is that, I had my gyno check ALLLLL my levels, testosterone etc...etc... they were all normal. The derm then told me that taking these tests won't necessarily confirm my levels are high.....it could be one coming in as another's going out and the gyn agreed..... So.....it's a hard thing to figure out. She just confirmed it was hormonal because of where it is and the fact that I had clear skin for 8 years and then bam, I stop my BC and w/in 5 mos it's zit city again!

One thing I'm really trying to do, as my boyfriend said, is to try not to add to it by stressing about it..... I have started (Just recently) to come to accept that this is what I have to deal with again and I will defeat it again as I have twice in the past!!!!! It will take time, but I am determined to get clear again!

Try your hardest to just stay positive and love yourself!!!!

Hey 3xacharm, how did you get all of your levels tested? Was it just a simple blood test? I had been on creams for 4.5 years..and started BC over the summer...but I switched and now take Aviane...but I STILL break out and still get huge under the skin nodules with the birth control and the creams...and I think it's all hormonal because it happens before my period. I go back to my regular doctor in December or my gyno exam stuff (my regular doctor can do it), and I want to ask about getting my hormones checked. Is it a normal test that people get done on a daily basis...or is it going to be something special that costs lost of money? I've never had blood taken...so I'm kind of new at it haha. Also, can you get your hormone levels checked if you are on birth control? Thanks!!

I'm sorry you're having to go through this as well. And I understand the need to discuss this w/ people who understand. I was on the board this past weekend and my boyfriend told me that my obsession over this is stressing HIM out! HAHA.... He says it doesn't bother HIM...and I suppose that means it in turn should not bother me (in his eyes anyway) :rolleyes: but until someone actually goes through it, they won't ever understand. Luckily though, he is awesome and still tells me I'm beautiful even w/o makeup on. We've been together for a lil over 2 years and I had clear skin majority of this relationship....so, this is new to him. Unfortunately, not to me....but then again, I am fortunate that I've been here done this to now conclude more than likely this is hormonal.

I'm not sure where I got this from...because nobody in my family (even extended that I know of) is going through this or has gone through it. So, I was the lucky loser in the homornal pool/gene pool I suppose.

The downside to seeing if it's hormonal is that, I had my gyno check ALLLLL my levels, testosterone etc...etc... they were all normal. The derm then told me that taking these tests won't necessarily confirm my levels are high.....it could be one coming in as another's going out and the gyn agreed..... So.....it's a hard thing to figure out. She just confirmed it was hormonal because of where it is and the fact that I had clear skin for 8 years and then bam, I stop my BC and w/in 5 mos it's zit city again!

One thing I'm really trying to do, as my boyfriend said, is to try not to add to it by stressing about it..... I have started (Just recently) to come to accept that this is what I have to deal with again and I will defeat it again as I have twice in the past!!!!! It will take time, but I am determined to get clear again!

Ugh, my family tells me that they're stressed out and sick of my depression over my skin. Grr, if only they knew what I'm going through! They probably wouldn't be able to handle it. It sounds like you have a great guy there though. Lucky girl :). Good guys are hard to come by. I haven't even bothered dating for like the last few months. My skin looks horrid and I'm an emotional wreck.

Did you get tested for PCOS by any chance? I just want them to do any test possible on me. I want to know what's really causing this so I can have some peace of mind, you know?

I wish I could accept it but I just can't. It's amazing how skin can so rapidly go downhill like this. I would do anything to go back to a few months ago. I took only having one or two mild breakouts a month for granted. I guess you truly don't know what you have til it's gone :(.

Thanks for you encouragement :). I wish I could have an attitude like yours. I just don't see any end in sight and can't shake that hopeless feeling.

Hey 3xacharm, how did you get all of your levels tested? Was it just a simple blood test? I had been on creams for 4.5 years..and started BC over the summer...but I switched and now take Aviane...but I STILL break out and still get huge under the skin nodules with the birth control and the creams...and I think it's all hormonal because it happens before my period. I go back to my regular doctor in December or my gyno exam stuff (my regular doctor can do it), and I want to ask about getting my hormones checked. Is it a normal test that people get done on a daily basis...or is it going to be something special that costs lost of money? I've never had blood taken...so I'm kind of new at it haha. Also, can you get your hormone levels checked if you are on birth control? Thanks!!

Hi....well, I just had blood tests done...she checked my testosterone, cortisol and androgens or whatever else would possibly cause acne...all were normal. As I stated, she and my derm both agreed though, that it might not be a certain spike of one @ a particular time...it could be one hormone coming in as another's going out and yadda yadda. It's tough to put a finger on it.

I am, however, @ risk for developing hypothyroid...although my levels are normal right now, I'm not 100% convinced that you wouldn't still develop symptoms of it....especially if you test positive for the antibodies.....

I'm not sure if the tests will help while on BC since BC is a hormone.......you'd probably have to ask your doc!!!

Good luck!!

Ugh, my family tells me that they're stressed out and sick of my depression over my skin. Grr, if only they knew what I'm going through! They probably wouldn't be able to handle it. It sounds like you have a great guy there though. Lucky girl :). Good guys are hard to come by. I haven't even bothered dating for like the last few months. My skin looks horrid and I'm an emotional wreck.

Did you get tested for PCOS by any chance? I just want them to do any test possible on me. I want to know what's really causing this so I can have some peace of mind, you know?

I wish I could accept it but I just can't. It's amazing how skin can so rapidly go downhill like this. I would do anything to go back to a few months ago. I took only having one or two mild breakouts a month for granted. I guess you truly don't know what you have til it's gone :(.

Thanks for you encouragement :). I wish I could have an attitude like yours. I just don't see any end in sight and can't shake that hopeless feeling.

Yeah, he's pretty awesome.....and not to mention very good looking...I DID luck out! I believe myself to be an attractive woman.....always have. But when this acne flares up and is present....UGH...I don't feel so hot! HAHA...... But oh well....

I think my attitude has to do w/ age.....when you get older you tend to learn to accept things you can't control.....although, I fight it and try to control it....I know when I argue w/ reality, I will always lose!!!

I don't think I have PCOS...I don't have any symptoms and have never been told I had a cyst on my ovaries.... I am however, @ high risk of developing hypothyroidism....which I've seen on these boards can be linked to acne. I have had symptoms such as depression (not just from acne..just from life) as well as the acne....now I'm a bit sensitive to cold but not bad.. Although my levels are normal, I think you can still have some slight symptoms due to the fact I tested positive for the antibodies......

If I hadn't gotten off the pill and started charting my basal body temps....I would have never known I could develop a thyroid problem.

You'll make it through this.....you'll find something that works for you. I believe we are all going through this to learn things.....mine is probably patience and not to be so superficial when it comes to "looks"....to learn to love myself EXACTLY as I am. Afterall, everyone else in my life loves me just the way I am...right now!

Have a great day!!!

Yeah, he's pretty awesome.....and not to mention very good looking...I DID luck out! I believe myself to be an attractive woman.....always have. But when this acne flares up and is present....UGH...I don't feel so hot! HAHA...... But oh well....

I think my attitude has to do w/ age.....when you get older you tend to learn to accept things you can't control.....although, I fight it and try to control it....I know when I argue w/ reality, I will always lose!!!

I don't think I have PCOS...I don't have any symptoms and have never been told I had a cyst on my ovaries.... I am however, @ high risk of developing hypothyroidism....which I've seen on these boards can be linked to acne. I have had symptoms such as depression (not just from acne..just from life) as well as the acne....now I'm a bit sensitive to cold but not bad.. Although my levels are normal, I think you can still have some slight symptoms due to the fact I tested positive for the antibodies......

If I hadn't gotten off the pill and started charting my basal body temps....I would have never known I could develop a thyroid problem.

You'll make it through this.....you'll find something that works for you. I believe we are all going through this to learn things.....mine is probably patience and not to be so superficial when it comes to "looks"....to learn to love myself EXACTLY as I am. Afterall, everyone else in my life loves me just the way I am...right now!

Have a great day!!!

Very good looking too? Dang does he have a brother?! Lol

I'm 23 and I feel so immature for being so devastated and depressed over my skin, but it's really emotionally scarring to battle acne for over a decade. I thought it was finally going away and shortly after going off of birth control my skin is worse than ever before. I'm afraid of scarring now and the thought of a permanent reminder of this hell just breaks me down to tears.

Hypothryroidism? I had no idea that could cause acne. I know my sister had some thyroid issues a few years ago. I might ask to be tested for that too. All I know is that my skin is now worse than ever and I'm super heat intolerant and get hot flashes/night sweats. Also, I've dropped a bunch of weight recently but that may be due to my deep depression. Wonder what these symptoms are from?

Those are great lessons to take from having this skin disease. I hope to someday look back at this and laugh at how important it was to me.

Btw do you have any experience with vitamins/supplements for acne?

BTW...Michellica....you're a very pretty girl, so don't let your blemishes make you feel otherwise!!!

Aww, thanks, hun. That made me smile. I just feel so ugly right now that I can't even leave the house anymore.

Don't feel immature...it's not immaturity..... It's just a self-conscious thing you'll need to deal with. My wonderful boyfriend has also helped me in that regard..... then I figured, if he can love me the way I am, why shouldn't I?

During the majority of the years I wasn't having skin problems, I was taking 3,000mg/day of Vit B5..... but once I got off the pill, B5 wasn't working so I'm not sure it was working and think I wasted my money all those years. however, some people say it works for them.

you can check out I believe it's www.vitacure.com (I think that's the name).....it comes in a powder which I believe absorbs better.....it doesn't taste good...but plug your nose if you drink it.

right now I started taking 50mg of zinc...... I heard that helps too.....

There are SOOOO many things out there, it's hard to pinpoint one....and the sucky thing is each thing you try, you have to give it a couple months to work.....talk about impatience!

I just saw another post on here under the holistic website about burdock root and some other stuff.....it was something called Boots sold in the UK...and the person listed the ingredients......

I know what you mean about feeling ugly......but you just gotta try to be happy and love yourself as you are. I noticed that crying about this and feeling down isn't changing the situation......so why make myself unhappy and miserable?!

You'll be fine....you'll get through this!!!! As my dad recently said to me about my acne.....This Too Shall Pass!

Don't feel immature...it's not immaturity..... It's just a self-conscious thing you'll need to deal with. My wonderful boyfriend has also helped me in that regard..... then I figured, if he can love me the way I am, why shouldn't I?

During the majority of the years I wasn't having skin problems, I was taking 3,000mg/day of Vit B5..... but once I got off the pill, B5 wasn't working so I'm not sure it was working and think I wasted my money all those years. however, some people say it works for them.

you can check out I believe it's www.vitacure.com (I think that's the name).....it comes in a powder which I believe absorbs better.....it doesn't taste good...but plug your nose if you drink it.

right now I started taking 50mg of zinc...... I heard that helps too.....

There are SOOOO many things out there, it's hard to pinpoint one....and the sucky thing is each thing you try, you have to give it a couple months to work.....talk about impatience!

I just saw another post on here under the holistic website about burdock root and some other stuff.....it was something called Boots sold in the UK...and the person listed the ingredients......

I know what you mean about feeling ugly......but you just gotta try to be happy and love yourself as you are. I noticed that crying about this and feeling down isn't changing the situation......so why make myself unhappy and miserable?!

You'll be fine....you'll get through this!!!! As my dad recently said to me about my acne.....This Too Shall Pass!

That's true, I guess I've always had self image problems and having my skin look so bad right now is definitely making it worse. It makes me feel like I shouldn't have taken the time I had very mild acne for granted. I would stay home sometimes for just one zit and now that my face is a disaster I realize that you really don't know what you've got til it's gone. Instead of striving for perfection I am now just hoping for some level of normal.

Yeah, I've heard good things about Vit5 but I'm skeptical. I'm also taking 50mg of zinc everyday. I've been using it since January but I went off the pill at the end of May so I don't know what's helping and what's not at this point.

Btw, I recently stopped taking flaxseed oil (heard it was bad for hormonal acne because it's a phytoestrogen) and my multi-vitamin (it had alot of iodine in it). Could that be why my skin is so horrible right now? I am just so confused and would hate if I am causing my own skin problems.

Have you ever used retin a micro? I am currently using this and I think it's making my skin heal slower and my zits to be larger and more inflamed...

Haha, your dad sounds like a cool guy. I'm just worried I'll have this problem for the rest of my life. My derm said it's possible :(.

The sad thing is u might if it's hormonal. Why did ur doc make u stop bc? Maybe try ortho tri-cyclen....I believe that kept me clear for years.

Or ask for spironolactone......I'm so far feeling it's working for me. I have another post on here about that & light therapy.

The derm suggested blue led light therapy....but it was $500 for 8 sessions. So I did some research & they sell them for use @ home & seem to have a success rate. I got the Caribbean sun box rb....$173 on eBay....90 day money-back guarantee..... it's worth a shot considering the amount of $ spent on other shit.

I think it's helping my active acne heal quicker & my red scars fade.

When you said this...

I'm 23 and I feel so immature for being so devastated and depressed over my skin, but it's really emotionally scarring to battle acne for over a decade. I thought it was finally going away and shortly after going off of birth control my skin is worse than ever before. I'm afraid of scarring now and the thought of a permanent reminder of this hell just breaks me down to tears.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I feel like an idiot for hating my skin...I'm 23 also. I feel so dumb because I'm self-conscious. I've had a boyfriend for 4.5 years...he has NO IDEA I use acne medicine. It's long distance...we see each other like 1-2 times a month...and I just never told him...or showed him my creams. I want to tell him..but I feel stupid. I never go swimming...because I break out on my back and chest too. No one else seems to be self-conscious about their skin..but I hate mine...

The sad thing is u might if it's hormonal. Why did ur doc make u stop bc? Maybe try ortho tri-cyclen....I believe that kept me clear for years.

Or ask for spironolactone......I'm so far feeling it's working for me. I have another post on here about that & light therapy.

The derm suggested blue led light therapy....but it was $500 for 8 sessions. So I did some research & they sell them for use @ home & seem to have a success rate. I got the Caribbean sun box rb....$173 on eBay....90 day money-back guarantee..... it's worth a shot considering the amount of $ spent on other shit.

It's just not fair. Everyone in my family cleared up by their mid 20s. That's all I had to look forward to and now this is happening. My life is so miserable right now I just don't want to be here anymore. My doc made me get off because my estrogen levels were so low it was dangerous and the hot flashes and night sweats were getting worse and worse. I tried another birth control before Yaz and I could only stay on it for like 2 weeks, it made me really sick. Because of this, my doc is really hesitant to let me go back on any hormonal birth control.

I think I may be getting cystic acne for the first time in my life. WTF?! What did Yaz do to my body? I should have never gone on it in the first place. At least my acne was mild back then.

I see my derm on the 17th so I will ask her about the Spiro and light therapy since it worked for you. I know she's going to try and get me on antibiotics but I refuse to take those again. They messed up my digestive tract.

Edited by Michellica

If that's you in your avatar picture then you don't have anything to worry about. You look great.

Thank you. It's me when I had really mild acne, before I decided to take the evil Yaz. :(

When you said this...

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I feel like an idiot for hating my skin...I'm 23 also. I feel so dumb because I'm self-conscious. I've had a boyfriend for 4.5 years...he has NO IDEA I use acne medicine. It's long distance...we see each other like 1-2 times a month...and I just never told him...or showed him my creams. I want to tell him..but I feel stupid. I never go swimming...because I break out on my back and chest too. No one else seems to be self-conscious about their skin..but I hate mine...

I'm sorry that you have to go through the same hell. I won't even date anymore because my skin is now quickly going from mild to moderate and it doesn't show signs of getting any better. Thanks to getting off BC, I am now breaking out all over my chest, back, and shoulders for the first time in my life. I just don't know how to handle it anymore. I hide in my room everyday, while other people my age are in college and working and enjoying being young. :'( I hate my skin/acne with a burning passion. It's ruined my self esteem and I let it. I just want to be free.

I'm actually looking to switch birth control pills to try to help my skin more. I'm on Aviane..but it's not helping at all...and I might switch to Ortho Tri-Cyclen..but I'm hoping that doesn't make it worse.

I'm actually looking to switch birth control pills to try to help my skin more. I'm on Aviane..but it's not helping at all...and I might switch to Ortho Tri-Cyclen..but I'm hoping that doesn't make it worse.

I think besides Yaz that is the top recommended one for acne. If your acne isn't hormonal though it may not respond? I am going to get my hormones tested and see if I just need birth control to be normal now or if it's something else...

I want to get my hormones tested too actually! I want to ask my doctor about it in December when I go. My only problem is I'm on BC now...so I'm not sure if that will effect the results...but even on the BC...I'm breaking out like normal before my period...so maybe I just need a stronger pill..who knows. But I want my hormones tested, as well!

I'm hoping she will let me switch to OTC. I was on ocella but that didn't work out....I had tons of nodules and it made my heart race..and I've been on aviane for almost 4 months...and it's not helping at all either! UGH..It's so frustrating!

I want to get my hormones tested too actually! I want to ask my doctor about it in December when I go. My only problem is I'm on BC now...so I'm not sure if that will effect the results...but even on the BC...I'm breaking out like normal before my period...so maybe I just need a stronger pill..who knows. But I want my hormones tested, as well!

I'm hoping she will let me switch to OTC. I was on ocella but that didn't work out....I had tons of nodules and it made my heart race..and I've been on aviane for almost 4 months...and it's not helping at all either! UGH..It's so frustrating!

Hmm, I'm not sure how it would effect the results... I think it would to some extent. My doctor tested me when I was on the sugar pills part of the pack and then made me get off of bc(my estrogen levels were low). Then he sent me to an endocrinologist. I was not satisfied with the level of care I got there though and I am still having the symptoms that were supposed to stop when I stopped the pill. Now I have an appointment with a gynocologist, so I hope she can help me.

Hormones and bc are so frustrating! I feel like I probably should have never gone on them in the first place because I may have given myself a permanent imbalance. :/

It's just not fair. Everyone in my family cleared up by their mid 20s. That's all I had to look forward to and now this is happening. My life is so miserable right now I just don't want to be here anymore. My doc made me get off because my estrogen levels were so low it was dangerous and the hot flashes and night sweats were getting worse and worse. I tried another birth control before Yaz and I could only stay on it for like 2 weeks, it made me really sick. Because of this, my doc is really hesitant to let me go back on any hormonal birth control.

I think I may be getting cystic acne for the first time in my life. WTF?! What did Yaz do to my body? I should have never gone on it in the first place. At least my acne was mild back then.

I see my derm on the 17th so I will ask her about the Spiro and light therapy since it worked for you. I know she's going to try and get me on antibiotics but I refuse to take those again. They messed up my digestive tract.

I know this is hard to swallow.....but as the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger". I completely understand your feeling that you just don't want to be here anymore......unfortunately, I've felt this way, but it had NOTHING to do w/ my acne. I've felt this way the majority of my life dealing on and off w/ depression. My skin was clear for 8 years after 2nd treatment of accutane and then being on BC...and even THEN I didn't like myself or my life or even wanted to be here.

But as you get older you learn that you have no other choice but to ACCEPT WHAT IS; otherwise, you make yourself suffer. YOU are causing yourself to suffer....not the acne!!!! You are giving up your power to this shit......don't let it take your power. Defeat it by surrendering to it and then fight to find yourself a cure/treatment!!!!

Try to be grateful for all that you DO have. Looks change...but beauty ALWAYS remains......but you have to feel beautiful on the inside and it will eminate outside!!!!!

When I first met my boyfriend a lil over 2 years ago....all he EVER said was how beautiful I was. So much so, I couldn't handle the "good stuff" in my life....and the good stuff was him... I didn't like ME.....so in turn, I didn't understand why he was soooo into me.... I pushed him away, and pushed him away. We've had SOOO much turmoil these past 2 years...be he's still here. I'm still here....cuz we truly love each other. I've just NOW allowed myself to be open to his love and truly give him my heart......I feel SOOOOO utterly vulnerable and it scares the hell out of me. And this was around the time my face started to really flare up.....so that just ADDED to my vulnerability.....I didn't think he'd even stand to look at me. But he does......not to get too personal, but I will...he even touches my face when we make love. I don't like him to cuz it hurts...HAHA....and I'm conscious of all the lil tiny rough bumps.....

What I'm trying to get at here is......maybe, JUST maybe, this stuff is in your life to teach you that you need to love yourself no MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE! To be grateful for allll the other blessings you have in your life.

Don't hide from it anymore.......be strong......know that "this too shall pass" and that you'll have clear skin once again.

And as my boyfriend said to me when I said "what if it never goes away"...he said "then it doesn't go away...but it won't change the way I feel about you". And this shouldn't change the way I feel about myself nor should it make you change the way you feel about yourself!!!!!

I just want to give you a hug......cuz I know since I've started breaking out again...there's been a few times I've just fell to the floor balling my eyes out asking, Why....why this AGAIN?! What is the reason that i have to go through this AGAIN?!