Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JordanTL

What should I do?

Well, let me start off by saying that I'm a 15 year old male with pretty bad acne, I wouldn't call it severe but it is definitely NOT mild. I guess we'll go with moderate. I've suffered with acne since the beginning of grade 8 and it has not been a good experience. I have been on differin 0.3% and one minocycline pill per day taken before bed for about 8 months and have seen very limited improvement. I was wondering what you guys think I should ask my doctor for this friday during our appointment.

Thank you in advance,

Jordan.

Well I would definitely have him tell you the severity of your acne and also let him know if your skin is sensitive or not. You can mention your current regimen and diet (just incase) and your lifestyle, whether you're under stress or workout excessivly bla bla bla. About a year ago I had horrible acne and found out it was a fungus, I'm all clear now, so you never know what it could be. (I am 22 though but still....hormonal teenage acne is easily controlled). Good luck man

Edited by NeverPaysAttention

It's the same doctor who prescribed me things before, so he knows the severity etc. My skin is definitely not sensitive, RARELY ever does it get dry. Even using differin 0.3%, and I use to use BP it never once got dry, no clue why :S. I wouldn't say I'm under stress, but I am extremely active. What do you mean by fungus?

Also forgot to mention I'm sure my acne is hormonal because both my parents had acne, although not as bad as mine. But there has to be some way to get rid of it! Sometimes I actually get seriously depressed.

She told me she thinks its from working out at the gym and accidently touching my face which probably caused me to catch some kind of fungus on my face. (Nasty)... but yeh nothing CURES acne...but a lot of stuff controls it, keep seeing ur derm and you should be fine. My advice though, don't use too many different products on your face at the same time, trust me.

Acne can be very depressing I've been there once too, hopefully you can find the right regimen to control it. Try to stay positive, if you let it affect you too much emotionally you can actually make it worse, depression is a form of stress. Work out too, it helps in many ways, always helped me.

Edited by NeverPaysAttention