Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been really interested in CeraVe lately as it sounds like a good brand with good products; great reviews too! So i need a good moisturizer since Dan's has failed me. Anyone use either the CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion or Moisturizing Cream? If so, which do you prefer and why? Thanks!

I haven't tried the moisturizing lotion, although I've heard great things about it. I use the moisturizing cream, which was amazing when I first started using retinoids and I needed a mild moisturizer that would control my dry patches throughout the day. But once I added Duac to my morning routine, I realized that the cream was way too thick to apply on top of the medication, since it made the BP ball up. I've fixed the problem by applying the cream first, but it's just something that might be nice to know. My favorite thing about the cream though, is that it dries to a matte finish - no shininess whatsoever! Plus, it doesn't burn when I apply it on my sensitive skin (everything else did).

But now that it's getting colder, I do find that I have to apply a few drops of jojoba oil on my skin before the cream to keep the flakes away.

Its the best...I got it back when I was prescribed Finacea and DUAC. The hydrating lotion is gentle and effective, and the moisturizer is light with no shine. Wouldn't suggest any other brand honestly. My skin is great now and I used to have BAD acne.....

i use both! i use more of the cream though. i put the cream in my hand then add a little of the lotion. i like adding the lotion to the cream cuz sometimes the cream is hard to rub in since its so thick. they are great though

i use both! i use more of the cream though. i put the cream in my hand then add a little of the lotion. i like adding the lotion to the cream cuz sometimes the cream is hard to rub in since its so thick. they are great though

oooh this sounds like a good idea -- I have realized that the cream can be overly thick sometimes, but it did such a great job of moisturizing that I never really cared too much. I'm definitely going to try mixing it with the lotion!

i've only used the lotion but its great. most moisturizers break me out terribly. this has been one of the only ones that doesnt. been using for almost 2 years now and LOVE it.