Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yvieve

So I'm On The Regimen And Want To Try...

My friend with flawless skin washes her face with baby oil, then rinses it off and pats dry.

Should I try this? I have dry skin from the regimen so, I'd wash with baby oil, then put on the regimen stuff, then moisturize?

How long have you been on The Regimen? Are you currently clear?

From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use the Regimen in conjunction with additional products or over-the-counter medications?

A: Do not do this until you are completely clear and have been that way for some time. Once you are completely clear, it is okay to add in one variable at a time. However, if you begin the Regimen and are adding in other variables from the get go, you will have no way of judging whether the Regimen works for you. See the biggest mistakes page for more.

Some people with already perfect skin can do things with their skin that we can't. I have a friend who could probably smear actual shit on her face and never break out. Since we were 13 all she has ever used on her skin is bar soap to wash her makeup off and rarely ever moisturizes or anything and her skin is flawless. If I did that, I'd be a mess. Anyways, baby oil isn't that good of an idea for people with acne, but in the end it's your choice. I did find this that you might wanna read though...

So Why is Mineral Oil Used if it is Bad for our Skin?

Petroleum by-product that coats the skin like plastic, clogging the pores. Interferes with skin's ability to eliminate

toxins, promoting acne and other disorders. Slows down skin function and cell development, resulting in

premature aging. Used in many products (baby oil is 100% mineral oil!) Any mineral oil derivative can be

contaminated with cancer causing PAH's (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons). Manufacturers use petrolatum

because it is unbelievably cheap. Mineral oil, a common ingredient in commercial lotions, creams, and baby care

products. It is produced as a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil, the same stuff they make

gasoline from. Mineral oil is leftover liquid, and because it is abundant, it is very inexpensive. It is less expensive

for manufacturers to purchase these by-products as a filler than it is for the industry to dispose of it. Mineral oil is

the main ingredient in many baby care items as well. Baby oil, Vaseline, baby wash liquid soap, and baby lotions

all contain mineral oil as a key ingredient. In fact 98% of all cosmetics use mineral oil, including your eye shadow,

blush, lipstick, shaving cream and your everyday moisturizer and lotion you use at home. It is also used in most

SPF sunscreen.