Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's been a while since I've been on the boards. I'll tell you quickly what's up:

Had severe acne for about two years and went on Accutane about two years ago. Accutane cleared me pretty well but left me with a bright redness. Of course, I was told it would fade. Well, it didn't (and it had been two years). And my acne came back. So I took Vitamin A supplements and my redness became more apparent. So unfortunately, Accutane/Vitamin A irritates the blood vessels in my face. It's not hyperpigmentation obviously, but rather inflammation/dilation of facial blood vessels. I look horrible. My acne cleared somewhat for a few months after doing a high supplementation of Vitamin A, but the redness was worse. So I went off the Vitamin A, and the acne proceeded to come back (present situation) yet the redness lightened a little (still very bad).

So in conclusion, I'm absolutely screwed. If I go on Accutane again, then my redness will get worse. If I don't, then my acne gets worse. It's an endless circle of crap. I have suffered from severe depression for years. I put on a show in certain of my posts just to be positive, but that's not me. This is not a psychological call for help, but I do think about suicide often, although I know I won't do it. But the idea of it is appealing.

Here's what I've tried for acne clearance without success. The only thing that's ever cleared me is Accutane, and I've already mentioned that stipulation above.

Vitamin B5 Therapy

Vitamin B Complex

Adequate Sleep

Abstaining for masturbation

Lemon Juice

Urine Therapy

Vinegar

Abstaining from sugars

Abstaining for high-fat foods

Low Glycemic Diet

Zinc Supplement

Vitamin C Supplement

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Aloe Vera

High Fiber Supplements

Dehumidifier

Abstaining from Omega 6 Oils

Candida-diet

Benzoyl Peroxide

Salicylic Acid

Tetracycline Antibiotics

Mupirocin

Sulfur Topical

Omega 3 Supplement

Omega 6 Supplement

Changing pillowcase+sheets daily

Drinking over 10 liters of water a day

Vitamin D Supplements

Melatonin Supplement

Vitamin E Supplement

Digestion Probiotic

Probiotic L. Acidophilus

Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser

Daily Exercise

Grapefruit Seed Extract

Tea Tree Oil

Differin

Tazorac

And that's about all I can think of off the top of my head. But believe me, there is much more.

Edited by Cameron Sane

Hey, Cameron Sane.

It's nice to see you on the boards again, although I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with the alternating acne and redness you're experiencing. Please check with a counselor on this issue. While you may voice various issues on these boards, we strongly feel this is not a suitable place to share suicidal thoughts with other members. I strongly encourage you to seek a professional assistance on this matter.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html