Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica C

Dry eyes from accutane

I took one course of Accutane about 5 years ago.. I wore contacts for most of my treatment until my eyes became so dry that it felt like the contacts were scratching my eye. My skin and lips are no longer dry from the Accutane but I am still searching from relief from dry eyes.

The strange thing is this only happens to some people that take Accutane and some people it works great for... definitely something you need to weigh the pros and cons on. I have seen an improvement in my skin from it but not totally.

Yes, I've been to a few eye doctors. I've tried punctual plugs and restasis drops plus I take fish oil every day. The eye drops and fish oil help but they are still too dry for contacts.

The thing is Roche does say that some contact users are not able to wear thier contacts anylonger even after thier course is over. It seems that is what happened to you. I would also try staying away from acidic drinks and food as much as possible and the computer if possible. It helps, but by no means a cure.