Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morning to Night

Is there something wrong with my Moisturizer??

Hey guys~ I noe its annoying to keep complaining while im on week 2 of regimen...but i want u guys to help me out with dryness of my skin. Apparently i am following the Regimen very carefully and after applying to BP, i cant open my mouth cuz its too dried. my whole face gets so eww cuz of the flakes. So i use my Moisturizer which is the Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer spf15, http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FAjcW4o2H8A/R-qk...Moisturizer.jpg

However i use almost 3pumps and still my face is not moisturized enough... it keep shows flakes around the mouth and also the cheek area.... Right now ive got moderate almost severe acne... and i dun noe what to do...arrgghh.. people might say this happens in the first few months of the regimen but its killing me... should i change my moisturizer ?? Something like "KissmyFace" products?? or...

Guys thnz for reading... i hope i get ur comments sooon.

You should try jojoba oil. Dan sells it in the store, but they also sell it at health food stores I believe, and it's a life saver for dryness. You can either mix a few drops of it into your moisturizer, spot treat dry areas with it, OR, if it doesn't seem to soak in if it's put on top? You can put a thin layer of it on your dry areas on your dry, cleansed face before BP. That's what I do. And it's really been helping.

P.S. Hard water or a dry climate makes dryness worse. I think I haven't been dry at all lately because it's been stormy, and I live in a desert so it's REALLY dry most of the year!

Thnkx for the reply :) well i was actually considering the Jojoba oil... but i dunno... i kinda want to step back from the oil... cuz i might be too greasy... is there any recommended moisturizer which doesn't cuz that much of breakouts?? or should i just stick to my current moisturizer?/?

Actually the moisturizer you're using might not be moisturizing enough on it's own? I'd still use it on top of a more powerful moisturizer, for SPF benefits and maybe redness benefits though.

Dan recommends Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion(which is what I'm using), Complex 15, and Lac-Hydrin Five. Another popular choice is CeraVe.

that sounds great~ well im kinda interested in the Cerave product. I really appreciate ur help~ :)

I've heard CeraVe isn't all that moisturizing, and its supposedly REALLY runny.

I'd honestly just get cetaphil lotion, its really nice, that mixed with a couple drops of jojoba (or in my case, olive oil) REALLY helps with the flakes.

well i already got the Cereve lotion ~ :) it kinda works okay to me ~ but ofcourse the flake is killin me... i am still considering the oil... but is there anyother way to prevent from flaking??? and if i use the oil to prevent my face from flaking what does it do? does it rubs off the flake or just reduces... ? I still don't get how it works...

Thnkx