Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

I NEED AN EXCUSE! dont want to eat birthday cake tonight

Tonights is my best friends birthday and were all going out to dinner. for my main im fine because its a seafood restaurant and i can just eat fish and salad but i know we'll be having cake and it jsut makes me break out SO bad that i dont even want to touch it. what am i meant to say? i really dont want to eat it but i feel like im gonna have to!

You know for a fact that a small amount of cake eaten after a healthy low to moderate GL meal will break you out? If so, then just say so. Especially if it's a wheat/gluten intolerance.

Personally, I'd have a few bites because I know a bit of sugar doesn't break me out. Meal habits that spike insulin screw up my hormones and cause inflammation which over time, breaks me out. You could take fiber supplements before the cake as well.

Politely take a piece in front of the birthday girl and then offer it to a friend. You don't have to say you didn't want any cake.

You could always say you're on a diet. (It's not fibbing, you're on an acne diet)

You could always say you're allergic to whatever is in the cake that makes you break out. I guess acne could be classified as an allergic reaction. You don't have to mention acne.

Lol this is what I say when I'm in this situation:

"OMG!! I almost forgot about the cake! I'm sooooooooooo fulllll!! I don think I can have any! Just let me have a little taste".

And then take a small bite and say it's yummy but you couldnt possibly eat anymore :).

Works every time! And a small bite of cake isnt goign to make you break out, especially if you take alterna's advice by taking a few good acne supplements before hand (maybe some chromium to control blood sugar and some fiber).

Just enjoy your night :).

Lol this is what I say when I'm in this situation:

"OMG!! I almost forgot about the cake! I'm sooooooooooo fulllll!! I don think I can have any! Just let me have a little taste".

And then take a small bite and say it's yummy but you couldnt possibly eat anymore :).

Works every time! And a small bite of cake isnt goign to make you break out, especially if you take alterna's advice by taking a few good acne supplements before hand (maybe some chromium to control blood sugar and some fiber).

Just enjoy your night :).

+1 on the chromium suggestion. My hubby and I do just this.

Order several fish and several salads. Keep talking about how hungry you are. Then by the time the birthday cake is served, groan and rub your belly. Whine about how painfully full you feel. People will probably take pity on you and let it go.

Edited by Dotty1

Just say anything. You had a cat that died from eating cake and you wont ever eat it again. If someone presses me on why i'm not eating sugar I just be honest and say I can't digest it properly or that I can't tolerate it. Nobody wants you to get sick.

I always tell my friends that I "can't digest that properly, I get physically sick". The psychological factor is worse than the actual breakout for me, at least. I'm so worried about actually breaking out from the food that I ate.

Edited by Mirrfiak

Stop stressing and have a few bites of cake! It's a birthday party.

If you're worried you'll fall down a never ending spiral of cake and junk eating after a small slice of cake though, fair enough. I understand. Some people say they'll just have one piece or one drink and that turns into 3 or 4. If you're worried this might happen, just say you're full after the meal.

Omg, I hate being put in that situation! Especially when it's my own birthday and one of friends or family members bakes or buys me a cake. I usually just take a bite and then say I'm full or on a diet. Or accept a piece and sneak it into the trash later, haha.

Tonights is my best friends birthday and were all going out to dinner. for my main im fine because its a seafood restaurant and i can just eat fish and salad but i know we'll be having cake and it jsut makes me break out SO bad that i dont even want to touch it. what am i meant to say? i really dont want to eat it but i feel like im gonna have to!

Diarrhea. As soon as the cake is sliced say you've got a stomach ache and run to the toilet for 15 minutes. Take your iPod with you incase you get bored.

Seriously? Just tell them grains give you issues and leave it at that. There's no need to go through any elaborate excuses or acts.

Oooooh yeah, I find myself in that same boat soooooooooo much! Either I just say "No thanks," and nobody says anything, or I just say that I'm full. If worst comes to worst, I just say, "No thanks, cake breaks me out really badly," nobody thinks I'm weird or anything. (I'm 13)

I've been on a non-dairy and low sugar diet for about 2 months now. I've gotten to the stage where I don't even have a sweet tooth or cravings for dairy products anymore (I used to be such a cheese and whip cream lover). I went to a birthday dinner recently as well and could not think of an excuse not to eat the ice cream cake. I will follow the advice on this board from now!