Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deletethisshit

How do you deal with the "bad" days?

Hey everybody,

I just thought I would come here to vent and maybe get a new perspective. Those of you with red marks know that some days they can look faint and some days they look red. On days they look faint I feel happy and things like supper with my family don't seem torturous. However tonight I accidentally agitated them a bit and now they look red. When this happens I usually become a hermit and hate the night and when I go downstairs to eat supper I will barely talk or look anyone in the eye cause I feel so ashamed.

I don't feel like doing that but my mind tells me I am now hideous because they are red. How do you guys deal with the off days where your marks look red? Do you have any tips or tricks that can help me face the day (or evening in this case)?

Any help or ideas are welcome.

May I ask how you agitate them? My red marks "flare up" when I eat foods that affect me, such as fastfood, sweets, fizzy drinks.

When this happens, I get lots of sleep, drink plenty of water and eat well. It normally settles down a lot the next day, and then continues getting better over the next 3 days. If I could keep my healthy ways up, my marks would disappear rather quickly, but I'm finding it difficult to stick with it.

Well... I basically washed my face too vigourously I guess. But let's say when it does happen, does it affect you (mine turn quite red - makes me feel sub human) and if so, at that point, how do you still face the world (i.e family, friends etc)

It sure does. In fact, even if I merely think about my skin it seems to have some strange way of translating to my face by turning it red and stuff. This happens especially if I'm worrying about people looking at my skin, for example: when I'm in large groups of people, or friends I haven't seen in a while.

Recently, however, I've changed my ways and began a new approach. I am tired of this exasperating condition, and I want only for it to go away. So, over the past week I've cut out sugars, slept in absolute darkness (get to bed 1 hour before midnight and get at 8 hours), exercised for an hour each day and the result is quite great. I've had no new spots, and my redness has calmed a modest amount.

I shall keep it up and get clear soon. I anticipate the day when I can approach humans with confidence once again.

It sure does. In fact, even if I merely think about my skin it seems to have some strange way of translating to my face by turning it red and stuff. This happens especially if I'm worrying about people looking at my skin, for example: when I'm in large groups of people, or friends I haven't seen in a while.

Recently, however, I've changed my ways and began a new approach. I am tired of this exasperating condition, and I want only for it to go away. So, over the past week I've cut out sugars, slept in absolute darkness (get to bed 1 hour before midnight and get at 8 hours), exercised for an hour each day and the result is quite great. I've had no new spots, and my redness has calmed a modest amount.

The exact same thing happens to me. In fact, I can pretty much count on consistently and severely breaking out if I haven't gotten enough sleep... last night, for example, I slept only 2 hours. My face now feels like it's curdling. And my face turns quite pink, sometimes purple when I'm under a lot of pressure; and then, I can pretty much count on breaking out. The only way to avoid getting lots of spots is to stay in a cool place, relax, and ice.

As for dealing with the "bad days", psychologically my main response is to stop eating. I have eaten about 350 calories over the past 72 hours. For a 6'5" teen guy, this might seem strange, but it's part of my mind's reclusive nature.

drink tons and tons of water, green tea, and chamomile. i take fish oil pills daily as part of regimen, so i pop an extra one if my skin is lookin extra rough. oooh and try to eat extra fruits and veggies!

im so glad that as a woman, i can use makeup to cover my marks. i would feel so self conscious all the time if i werent able to camouflage them. i highly recommend that you invest in a whitening mask. i like the one by Mario Badescu. on days that you are feeling insecure,before dinner just put the mask on for about 15 mins and when you wash it off your overall complexion will look a lot better.

Just last week, after a long day I washed my face and then looked in the mirror to find that I had vicious red acne marks all over my face. Usually they are pretty calm but it had been a long day spent outside mostly in cold weather. When I woke up the next day it was as if they never existed but, wow, it looked like I had a disease.

What do you do when cold weather sets your acne scars aglow? Sure, I was also slightly dehydrated, had some sun exposure mid day, but I'm thinking that the cold was the main culprit.