Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rob*

Dermarolling or Sublative Rejuvenation via e-Matrix???

I really want to get started on fixing up my acne scars. I hate them. I have narrowed my search down to two different treatments. I will either try dermarolling with a 1.5mm needles, or I am looking into E-matrix (Elos technology) that performs a laser treatment that targets the dermis.

I have read up a lot of information on both procedures, but I do not know which one to get done. I'm really thinking of doing Dermarolling, but that would mean I would have to go out and find topical Vitamins A and C that dont make me break out, which is tough for me cuz I react to almost every thing. I am also inexperienced with dermarolling and the slight downtime might afect my lifestyle.

On the other hand Sublative Rejuvenation takes only 30 min in the doctors office, there is very little downtime (1-2 hrs tops), and I would only need about 4-5 sessions. it would cost 150-200$ (CAN) to do each session. I don't mind paying this.

What do you guys think? I have heard many good things about Dermarolling, there are also some good things about E-matrix, but I can't really trust it, it might be marketing bullshit. But the process of the two is very much the same. The differences with e-matrix is it can target the dermis better than dermarolling can. Just like dermarolling, e-matrix does it's job by creating tissue damage to the dermis and epidermis. The problem is I don't know which one is better. I want maximum collagen production, would it hurt me if in the early stages one of these two therapies doesn't produce enough collagen?

Any thoughts on this would be awesome.

Here is a link for e-matrix

http://www.syneron.com/sites/syneron.com/f...x_ABG_09_10.pdf

what kind of scars do you have?

please keep in mind that different scars respond better to different treatment

for example,

i've heard dermarolling is more suitable for rolling

and TCA cross is for narrow deep icepick and boxcar

as for laser, please dont think that it's a cure-it-all, i've learned my lesson the hard way, do a lot and a lot of research, always be skeptical

but dermarolling has much less side effect

i've rolled twice

too early to tell if there's any improvement

but i don't have any side effect, as compared to when i did fractional co2 laser (a living nightmare)

As someone who's actually had eMatrix treatments, I'd say they've been a good choice, thus far. Not to confuse the situation, but eMatrix IS NOT a laser. It uses radio frequency waves and the points of ablation allow for a reverse pyramid effect, vs. a laser induced column effect. There is dermal heating, but NOT NEARLY to the extent that traditional lasers cause. My last 2 treatments were done w/out any numbing cream ahead of time. I would think this would be nearly impossible w/ a traditional fractional co2 or erubium laser.

I've not tried dermaroller or TCA CROSS (yet) so I can't speak to the differences between three. I've got mostly some ice pick scarring that HAS improved. However, I also understand that each person's skin/scars will react differently.

I don't have severe scarring, but I've had more than 4/5 treatments. I've had 6, with the last 4 being on the highest settings. I'm scheduled for my next treatment on Dec. 20th. It's been 8 weeks since my most recent treatment and I continue to notice improvement (no where near perfection, but that's pretty much to be expected).

I've documented my progress on these boards if you haven't already read them. There was little to no real life accounts of this procedure when I started back in June.

Whichever you choose to do, I wish you nothing but the greatest success! Please let me know if I can help in any way.

God Bless