Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duchamp

Sudden breakout: due to milk?

Just wondering what other people's experiences have been with milk + acne.

Bought my first half gallon in years and had several glasses, along with ice cream (ha). Now I'm experiencing a breakout, got some large papules which I haven't had to deal with for months. It's only been a couple days - does it really act that quickly? I didn't even know I was intolerant to milk; I usually eat dairy with no problems though I rarely tough straight milk. What's in this stuff?

dairy effs most people up way worse than regular whole milk, but if u chugged like half the gallon in 5 mins youre probably screwed

Just wondering what other people's experiences have been with milk + acne.

Bought my first half gallon in years and had several glasses, along with ice cream (ha). Now I'm experiencing a breakout, got some large papules which I haven't had to deal with for months. It's only been a couple days - does it really act that quickly? I didn't even know I was intolerant to milk; I usually eat dairy with no problems though I rarely tough straight milk. What's in this stuff?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Life-Long...er-t277533.html

Read it, learn it, live it ^. :genius:

dairy raises IGF-1 which results in acne

dairy is pretty high GI which results in acne (of course depending per person how much)

dairy has some hormones in it , dont know exactly

and a lot of people are sensitive or allergic to it, which causes imflamation , which causes acne.

The first 3 arent that noticible as long as you dont go on an only dairy diet (It doesnt have a big enough effect to be noticible with other changing factors/variations). But the last one is. Eliminating sensitivities reduces acne greatly. You will have to find out yourself what effect is has on your acne by eliminating it from your diet.