Notifications
Clear all

Scarred Pores from Accutane - WITH PICTURES!

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 12:33 pm

What do you guys believe are the best treatment options for the large/scarred pores (or whatever type of scars the are, you guys be the judges) I got from accutane?

img2233a.jpg

img2240.jpg

btw Ive been off accutane for over 6 months, my pores were never very large before accutane but about 2 months into treatment - once all the blackheads etc. got pushed out - my pores were permanently (i think) much larger and scarred. It's confusing because going into accutane treatment I was sure it was suppose to SHRINK facial pores.

Any input appreiciated as I know little about the subject!

MemberMember
(@jaysjay)

Posted : 11/09/2010 12:45 pm

same thing happened to me on nose,i swear . i totally know and understand what you are talking about.

same thing happened to me on nose,i swear . i totally know and understand what you are talking about.

MemberMember
(@ziko)

Posted : 11/09/2010 1:08 pm

If that's ur only problem... who cares. Get over it. Treatment will just make ur skin red.

You should feel lucky accutane hasn't left u with actual scarring, like alot of people on these boards.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 1:39 pm

If that's ur only problem... who cares. Get over it. Treatment will just make ur skin red.

You should feel lucky accutane hasn't left u with actual scarring, like alot of people on these boards.

I was asking for opinions on the treatment options I have Ziko, not opinions on how severe my scarring is, as I can recognize its quite superficial. Thanks...

MemberMember
(@nozleb)

Posted : 11/09/2010 2:37 pm

hi king

just do nothing,your pores and scars are superficial as u said;

the best thing to do is to use a noncomedogenic moisturiser and you will sure feel better,never ever squeeze them or use a drrying agents as u will worsen the problem

JUST a MOISTURISING CREAM

hope this helps u

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 2:53 pm

Heres a bit better of a picture: img2251k.jpg

You don't think I should treat it at all? I figure since I have the funds available I might as well better my skin if possible.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:03 pm

Retin A gel.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:07 pm

You don't think I should treat it at all? I figure since I have the funds available I might as well better my skin if possible.

I'm worried it will thin/worsen my skin over time, or give me rosacea or something.

MemberMember
(@ulises)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:44 pm

What do you guys believe are the best treatment options for the large/scarred pores (or whatever type of scars the are, you guys be the judges) I got from accutane?

img2233a.jpg

img2240.jpg

btw Ive been off accutane for over 6 months, my pores were never very large before accutane but about 2 months into treatment - once all the blackheads etc. got pushed out - my pores were permanently (i think) much larger and scarred. It's confusing because going into accutane treatment I was sure it was suppose to SHRINK facial pores.

Any input appreiciated as I know little about the subject!

I highly doubt accutane gave you a few scarred pores. People who never even had acne before have scarred pores. Use retin- A gel like said above, consider yourself lucky and live life. My IB was really bad on accutane and all i got was a few scarred pores and I dont even see them in the mirror and noone has ever commented on them either. Get over it.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:46 pm

Once again, I'm looking for input purely on the treatment options I should take. Not on the severity of my case, please back off with comments pertaining to this.

MemberMember
(@ulises)

Posted : 11/09/2010 3:53 pm

Once again, I'm looking for input purely on the treatment options I should take. Not on the severity of my case, please back off with comments pertaining to this.

I said Retin-A seems like a good option. It remodels superficial scarring such as worst (I wouldnt even call it that). Or use Dan's AHA or Camellia Oil (not sure on the spelling). The thing is your treatment options depend alot on your severity case. You wouldnt use dynamite to blow up a cardboard box. If you were to go in for any procedure try a dermabrasion first and see how that does. Good Luck!!

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 11/09/2010 5:18 pm

I'm worried it will thin/worsen my skin over time, or give me rosacea or something.

So you want suggestions but won't take them, eh? :P Do a bit of research about Retin A to answer those concerns of yours.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 9:11 pm

So you want suggestions but won't take them, eh? :P Do a bit of research about Retin A to answer those concerns of yours.

Sorry haha I meant my comment as a question not a point.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/09/2010 9:44 pm

I'm surprised to see some of the replies. Just because other people have it worse than you, they want to basically complain about you complaining. My skin is definitely worse than this, but I can understand wanting perfect - or "normal" skin. I definitely see enlarged /scarred pores there and even though it's pretty mild, it's obviously an issue for you. I don't know but, I've gotten some scarred pores from using Retin-A. Therefore I wouldn't recommend it, but everyone is different. If you wanted to use a retinoid, I'd reach for Tazorac instead. Accutane's main ingredient is Vitamin A if I'm correct.. and so is Retin-A's. If you want to go more mild than Tazorac, I'd say Differin. If you don't want to use a retinoid then perhaps a few chemical peels (glycolid acid or TCA) will help. I bought my TCA peels off a legit site - makeupartistschoice.com. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/09/2010 9:47 pm

I'm surprised to see some of the replies. Just because other people have it worse than you, they want to basically complain about you complaining. My skin is definitely worse than this, but I can understand wanting perfect - or "normal" skin. I definitely see enlarged /scarred pores there and even though it's pretty mild, it's obviously an issue for you. I don't know but, I've gotten some scarred pores from using Retin-A. Therefore I wouldn't recommend it, but everyone is different. If you wanted to use a retinoid, I'd reach for Tazorac instead. Accutane's main ingredient is Vitamin A if I'm correct.. and so is Retin-A's. If you want to go more mild than Tazorac, I'd say Differin. If you don't want to use a retinoid then perhaps a few chemical peels (glycolid acid or TCA) will help. I bought my TCA peels off a legit site - makeupartistschoice.com. Good luck :)

THANKYOU, it's quite upsetting to come to these boards for information and be situated in a whos-skins-worse contest.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/10/2010 6:23 am

THANKYOU, it's quite upsetting to come to these boards for information and be situated in a whos-skins-worse contest.

Exactly. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to win that contest lol. Let me know how things work for you.

MemberMember
(@mebe)

Posted : 11/10/2010 6:39 am

I know you have a problem that you want dealt with but I just want to throw something your way:

Is it possible that you are over analyzing these scars because of a deficit in some other aspect in your life?

Self esteem plays a big role in our lives and when its not fully developed and based on multiple aspects of our lives (eg, competence, ability, image) a small 'hit' can devastate our self concepts.

Not to say that you wouldn't be 100% happy if you're skin was flawless, I'm sure many of us would. However maybe it is healthier to find other aspects in our lives to base our happiness on.

I know this is bullshit to you now but hopefully you'll realize this someday.

MemberMember
(@mebe)

Posted : 11/10/2010 6:49 am

And sorry if I come off as preachy, this post isn't mainly directed towards you but others posters I've seen here.

I realize you are asking for treatments only. You did not come off as whiny or in anyway devastated by this issue; I just needed somewhere to post this ;I

I do hope that you find an answer that is satisfactory. good luck.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2010 7:08 am

dood my cheeks have those as well + icepick scarring. Mines is worse though becuase i have 3x more and cuz my skins oily 24/7 and i have weird white dead skin all the time.

Anyways, if you find anything that helps you out, please let me know!

hi king

just do nothing,your pores and scars are superficial as u said;

the best thing to do is to use a noncomedogenic moisturiser and you will sure feel better,never ever squeeze them or use a drrying agents as u will worsen the problem

JUST a MOISTURISING CREAM

hope this helps u

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/10/2010 7:14 am

also i would like to ask, can these scarred pores/icepick scars be treated even if they are years old (3-4?) Or only if they are less than a year old?

I will be uploading pictures of myself soon as well

MemberMember
(@ulises)

Posted : 11/10/2010 12:38 pm

I'm surprised to see some of the replies. Just because other people have it worse than you, they want to basically complain about you complaining.

I guess my post came off as this. I just wanted to show him that its not that bad and he shouldnt be alarmed i guess. My whole point was that he shouldnt do something so drastic to it that it can make it worst. I dont have noticable scarring but I can get the need to strive for a perfect complexion.

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/10/2010 12:51 pm

Everyone has brought up some good points here. We as human beings do over analysis our own complexion I'm sure. I am truly aware that I have a minor scarring issue that doesn't need treatment, I was just asking opinions on the options I do have if I decided to pursue treatment. Because if I could improve my complexion by even 10%, why wouldn't I?

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/22/2010 3:04 pm

Heres the best lighting I could find to display the minor scarring - a cosmetic derm recommended photorejuvination with an IPL laser, anyone agree with her? Also, what kind of scarring do I have? scarred pores or minor pitted scars? any help much appreciated.

img2297v.jpg

img2292m.jpg

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 11/24/2010 11:19 am

Heres the best lighting I could find to display the minor scarring - a cosmetic derm recommended photorejuvination with an IPL laser, anyone agree with her? Also, what kind of scarring do I have? scarred pores or minor pitted scars? any help much appreciated.

img2297v.jpg

img2292m.jpg

Hi again,

I'm not sure about the IPL laser, but to answer your question, those are definitely scarred pores. But then again scarred pores ARE minor pitted scars lol. They're both minor, both pitted, both scars. :)

MemberMember
(@oil-king)

Posted : 11/24/2010 12:15 pm

Thanks! So does anyone know if scarred pores are treatable? can they be completely erased through laser etc?