Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaulyD

Who uses make up?

I've been using a light foundation on and off for the past year. Sometimes it makes my scars look better but to be honest, a lot of the times it's no help because of the depth and severe discolouration and there have been many times where it has made my scars look fucking ridiculous. I used to research make up a lot coz I had NO IDEA. I didnt want to get into layers of different products to hide redness first, then make skin smooth, then apply a couple layers of foundation. I was pretty much using a strong tinted moisturiser.

Anyway, how many males have used make up or continue to? Curious.

I've been using a light foundation on and off for the past year. Sometimes it makes my scars look better but to be honest, a lot of the times it's no help because of the depth and severe discolouration and there have been many times where it has made my scars look fucking ridiculous. I used to research make up a lot coz I had NO IDEA. I didnt want to get into layers of different products to hide redness first, then make skin smooth, then apply a couple layers of foundation. I was pretty much using a strong tinted moisturiser.

Anyway, how many males have used make up or continue to? Curious.

i tried using makeup. i went up to the shopping centre and bought some mineral powders after reading it was the way to go for oily skin.

i put it on inside and went outside to have a look at it....it was weird, glossy and made me look like a drag queen. i simply washed it off and chucked it out. it didnt look natural at all. it might be because im excessively pale or its simply not a good product.

overall, if you found it works for you and it makes you feel better about yourself - go for it :)

as for things ive found to help - OXY BP seems to help a little bit. im not sure why but it fills in the pores ever so slightly..probably less than 1 million of a mm but i still notice it.

topical HA works well too. it temporarilly plumps the skin, which is almost as good as wearing makeup - minus the makeup. it doesnt cover red marks though and is more to give the skin a smoother look.

sometimes less is more, especially when you have acne prone skin :)

yeah IMHO makeup on a guy doesn't really help. I would use it only after a laser treatment or something of that nature to coverup redness... and did use a light amount of concealer...

Even then I would only use a DAB.... so using makeup on my face never appealed to me.

I think on a guy most of the time it looks weird.

I'd say research a good evenning out moisturizer that won't clog your pores to make your skin appear more even.

You might try Clinique gel bronzer (a men's product) mixed with Monistat chaffing relief powder gel. It can even out skintone and do a bit to cover up large pores. I use it under a light dusting of powder when I go out to exercise. Males could skip the powder - it really does look natural.

on a side note a lot recommend "Dermablend" as makeup for scars etc... however it was extremely thick and barely able to apply it... so I ended up getting a clinique cover creme for 20 bucks at dillards for my skin color. That seemed to work well with a little brush applicant than I would wipe some of the remainder makeup off that I didn't want on my 'normal' skin.

I have been using foundation for a couple of years when my face was starting to get really horrible. Must say that it's a big step for a man to start using that shit. I remember at the age of 17 going with my mother to the stores to find a suitable colour foundation. At arrival she started yelling to the clerk that 'she needed a foundation for her son'.. Now THAT was a kick in the balls. Unfortunately, that wasn't the first and last confrontation; many more would follow.

As my skin kept on getting worse, I had no choice other than to start accepting the situation. Using all that stuff made me feel even worse in the end anyway..

Edited by Ish

using make up especially for the first months brought me down to another level. I didnt know how to apply the make up. I'd be buying online because there's no way i'd go into a store. I'd get my cousin to go buy me make up that she thought would suit and so on. Sometimes the make up made my skin look much better and a lot of the time i'd leave my face red and irritated because i'd spend 30 mins applying then washing off then reapplying. I would be so sad walking into school or wherever knowing the make up looks like shit and my face looks so irritated from scrubbing the make up off. Gosh it broke my own heart feeling all this pain. God please dnt let my child or family go through this because if there's anything worse it'd be seeing someone you reallly love go through the shit youve been through and going through because you know how much it hurts.