Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

tips on how to reduce scarring from pimples

Guest Timehealsall

so i was wondering if anyone can give any wise tips on how you can reduce the chance of a pimple from scarring. Obviously the best method is to prevent acne al together, but for some of us, it takes time to find the right treatments.

i have heard things like applying msm lotion after lesions die down, to Copper peptides and even apple cider vinegar.

any ideas?

Whatever you do don't pick at your skin. I've learnt the hard way that that's the number 1 way to increase redness, damage the skin and spread bacteria so that even more spots appear - all leaving red marks.

If you've got any red marks that you want to fade try Manuka honey. Regular, pure honey is good for the skin, but Manuka honey at UMF 15+ is WAAAAAY more effective (although a little pricey). I use Manuka honey 2-3 times a week as a face mask with cinnamon to fade marks and I've really noticed an improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin. I also use manuka to spot treat, dabbing it on any active little buggers because it's anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. Hopefully reducing the red mark in the first place?

Make sure you get UMF 15+ and use it as red mark appear, because they fade much more quickly if they're new marks, rather than old ones. That said, it will still work on older marks, but will take a bit longer.

Hope that helped.

Don't pick, treat the acne spot gently with your current regimen and don't over-do or over-wash and don't pick.

Other than that, get a lot of sleep and eat healthy is your best shot.

Guest Timehealsall

does it matter what time you sleep or just the amount of hours of sleep you get?

my current regimen is actually the acne.org regimen, and i only wash my face 2x a day.

Also i am not sure if this constitues picking, but i usually rub off flakes/dead skin off my pimples. Is htis okay?

think about that for a second....

sleep is sleep.

Quality of sleep is probably the only thing that would matter....

Don't rub off anything. Wash your face twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening....

That will take care of flakes.

Any other flakes is because of excess dryness and a moisturizer should be used to control that.

Guest Timehealsall

unfortunately, washing 2x a day with a gentle cleanser AND moisturizing with acne.org moisturizer + jojoba oil did not handle the flakes.

My flakes are rather weird in that it looks more like dead skin (its dark color) then typical white flakes, although i have those as well.

Regarding rubbing the dead skin/flakes off, if i leave them on there, wont they clog my pores?

Any ideas