Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had my first IPL treatment 3 weeks ago (for red marks and enlarged pores) and saw virtually no improvement but I think that the treatment I had today will be more succesful. The first treatment was done at a low setting in order to make sure that I did not have any adverse reaction, which I did not. Unfortunatley, I didn't seem to have any reaction at all. Today she did the treatment at a higher setting and boy could I tell the difference. It really hurt today where as last time it was just mild discomfort. But I was glad it hurt because it makes me think that is must be doing something. My face was quite red and stingy following the treatment but it is already fading a bit. My skin is very dry and feels tight but I like it cause it makes me feel like the treatment must have done something. I guess only time will tell at this point. I will update in a week or two and let you know if it seems to be working. All told I will probably need 5 treatments to see a major improvement but they seem to think that after the second I should see a little bit of progress and I am optimistic right now. They say it takes a few days/weeks following the treatment to start to see improvement.

It's mainly for red marks but it also is supposed to help shallow scarring and tighten up enlarged pores. I actually think I might see a slight improvement today but it is hard to say for sure. It might just be positive thinking. I'm gonna wait a week and then take a photo so I can assess if there was improvement or not for sure. My skin is still really dry today. Don't know if that is a good sign or not.

Please keep us abreast on how you are doing with the IPL "24". I have a consultation appointment in November. I have already been to one IPL practitioner and she didn't seem too professional, so I didn't do the treatment for my red marks with her.

I am trying glycolic acid right now, with the thought in the back of my mind, that I can always try IPL if the acid doesn't work, but it will be heartbreaking if the IPL does nothing in the end. Best of luck. And let us know what happens with each treatment.

Further note: My uncle did 5 treatments for redness and other problems and he said there was no difference at all after the first treatment, so I think it's normal. (He is fair haired and lots of red in his white skin). I am dark haired with lots of red in my skin.

He tells me he saw improvement after the 3rd or 4th. He doesn't look too red to me when I see him, but I can't remember how bad he was.