Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
garrettprada

Full accutane log with pictures.

[picture at end of post]

My first week on Accutane. I wish I had some before pictures because let me tell you, i've seen MAJOR improvements in just one week. My skin isn't producing as much oil. Rather than washing my face twice a day I only have to wash one a day with very gentle bar soap. Someways I don't even wash it because it's fine. My skin texture has already improved, and redness and swelling has gone done. However this week I have had breakouts coming to the surface. Huge nodules on m arms, nose, and chin. I put BP on them as they came up and they went away. The only side effects I've had is dry skin, eyes, nose, and lips. I also can't wear contacts anymore my eyes are so dry. I'm taking 20g a day right now because of my weight.

post-134224-1289267814_thumb.jpg

post-134224-1289260206_thumb.jpg

post-134224-1289260206_thumb.jpg

post-134224-1289267814_thumb.jpg

Edited by garrettprada

dont use BP while accutane, and wow 108lbs?? what height are you?

I just took a little dab on a q-tip and put it on top of the breakout so I feel like it was fine on my skin. I'm going to stay clear of BP though whenever my skin starts to dry out more from the Accutane.

And I'm 5'7. I have a hyper active thyroid so I just don't gain weight.

dont use BP while accutane, and wow 108lbs?? what height are you?

I just took a little dab on a q-tip and put it on top of the breakout so I feel like it was fine on my skin. I'm going to stay clear of BP though whenever my skin starts to dry out more from the Accutane.

And I'm 5'7. I have a hyper active thyroid so I just don't gain weight.

hey i wanted to wish you all the best with your course

good to see your already seeing improvements

j x

Good luck with your course! ;)

Have you tried using eye drops? I wear contacts as well and I've been feeling ok if I use eye drops. :D I'm currently using GenTeal Artificial Tears, they're compatible with contact lens use. I only need to use them a few times a day, and they've been working well. I'm sure other eye drops would work too though!

Good luck with your course! ;)

Have you tried using eye drops? I wear contacts as well and I've been feeling ok if I use eye drops. :D I'm currently using GenTeal Artificial Tears, they're compatible with contact lens use. I only need to use them a few times a day, and they've been working well. I'm sure other eye drops would work too though!

Thanks! (: And well. I have really bad history with my eyes. I've messed them up pretty bad in the past with contacts. So I'm just planning on sticking it out with my glasses for the next 6 months so I don't cause any further damage to my eyes.

Also, adding another picture of my back. It's been two weeks, and the swelling on my back seams to be going down tremendously. It's drying out, and no new nodules have come up. I'm not really having any new side effects either besides having some nose bleeds the past few days.

also, thanks for the good wishes everyone (: I hope this works out. I really have tried everything else. I'm just tired of my back and chest hurting so badly.

post-134224-1289514037_thumb.jpg

good luck with your course. i'm also on accutane (80 mg/day) to treat my body acne. I'm at the beginning of my 3rd month, and I still haven't seen much improvement yet, so don't get discouraged. Just continue to have patience and let accutane do the rest.